Role: Java Architect
Location: Eagan, MN
Duration: 12+ Months
NOTES FROM THE MANAGER:
- Leadership - I need my resources to drive the development. They need to understand what the development team needs to do and plan for it with real dates (on the calendar) and hit those dates or explain why they can't --Delegation - Leadership is about delegation and getting others to work on the items, in priority order to achieve the project critical dates.
- Data - I view data the most important item of all technical skills.
- Can the candidate create a data model and work with Data Analysts to implement what was designed.
- Do they know Oracle - The Project Architects need to help the development teams tune and help them understand their design.
- They also need to know core java to hit the ground running with the core technical items (Java/Oracle).
- Need to create the logically and Physical architecture diagrams. The "as is" and "to be" diagrams.
- Resource Planning - The Project Architect needs to deliver a workable plan to me and the PM for the development of the system based on requirements Communication - A key component of a PA is the ability to communicate efficiently and effectively.
- Project summaries: I am concerned with technology, communication, why it was successful rather than a summary of the project.
- These positions are not Enterprise Architects. These positions are "roll up your sleeves' and make it happen.
- Java Architect must have experience on multiple hardware and software environments and be comfortable with complex heterogeneous systems.
- The candidate needs experience in creating and leading the architecture of multiple projects through the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and has usually performed in a variety of different roles in that life cycle.
- The individual will also need to be an expert in and have hands-on experience in multiple industries as a seasoned architecture practitioner.
- The architect should also have experience in designing and implementing solutions using several architecture design patterns like OLTP, SOA, OLAP, and ETL.
- The person should possess an ability to share and communicate ideas both verbally and in writing to people at various levels within the organization in a clear and concise manner that is relevant to each of the groups.
Thanks & Regards,
Technical Recruiter | Empower Professionals
Phone: 732-356-8008 ext 332