- Title: Mid-Java Developer - MULTIPLE OPENINGS
- Job location: Gaithersburg, MD
- Duration: Long Term
- Onsite interview must. Candidates to local to DC Metro area are encouraged to apply.
For our direct client we are seeking a 7+ years of Java Software Developer who develops, documents, unit-tests and implements web-based Java applications to support business requirements. He/ she must follow approved software development life cycle methodologies including Agile, Scaled Agile and all processes as required from time to time.
A: ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include the following. Other duties may be assigned)
- Interacts with the business analysis team to understand project requirements.
- Ensures integration of entire system or subsystem
- Provides maintenance and troubleshooting support to the helpdesk and/ or maintenance team to help resolve technical issues with production systems by debugging, research and investigation.
- Designs and Develop Java and J2EE based web applications using Java frameworks as required by customer.
- Designs and Develop secure web services.
- Creates PL/SQL procedures, functions, triggers and associated PL/ SQL or SQL database scripts as needed.
- Develops build packages using Maven/ Apache Ant.
- Applies Java and Oracle standard coding practices and industry standards.
B: EXPERIENCE and QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Experience with Java EE, Spring, Struts 2, Hibernate and EJB is required.
- Experience with Oracle Relational database, SQL, PL/SQL is required.
- Experience working in an Agile/ Scaled Agile environment is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Experience implementing single sign on using OASIS SAML 2.0 specifications. Experience configuring an Identify Provider for federated authentication is preferred.
- Experienced in designing systems based on Service Oriented Architecture principles. Knowledge of an Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) is nice to have.
- Ability to work with UI framework tools like Telerik’s Kendo UI.
- Experience with Apache Solr/ Lucene, Angular 2+, Bootstrap is nice to have.
5+ years of recent experience with the following technologies is required:
- JAVA/ J2EE
- Struts 2/ Angular 2+
- Spring 3.0, EJB 3, Hibernate
- Oracle Weblogic, Apache HTTP
- Oracle Database, SQL/ PL/SQL
- SOAP/ REST, XML, XSD, XLST, WSDL, JAX-WS/CXF
- Maven/ Ant
- JUnit/ JMock/ Selenium
C: EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS and/or MEMBERSHIPS
Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field preferred
Sun/ Oracle Certified Java Programmer desirable
D: COMMUNICATIONS SKILLS
This job requires interaction with scientists, program managers, senior executives, end-users, programming staff, administration, and support personnel. The ability to effectively communicate ideas and concepts both verbally and in written documents is critical.