Job Title: Java Developer/BI Tools
Location: Austin, TX (Partial Remote but must be within commuting distance of 3501 Ed Bluestein Blvd; Austin, TX 78721)
Duration: 6 -Months
The Software Data Engineer is an accomplished technical leader, proactive customer-focused advocate, a team player with substantial software engineering experience, preferably with some experience within the health care industry. The Software Engineer will provide architecture, design, and implementation expertise to a cross-functional software development team. The Software Engineer will play a key role of migrating enterprise applications into a consolidated application which leverages cloud computing and big data technologies. The Software Engineer must have hands-on experience with enterprise level software development, integration and implementation with web-based applications. The ideal candidate will have an advanced understanding of Java, JEE platform, data ingestion, data discovery & analysis, data cleansing, data transformation, data modeling, and data visualization. This candidate must demonstrate a willingness to learn new cutting-edge technologies and overcome technical challenges in a fast paced environment.
• Responsible for analysis, design, development, unit testing, and integration testing for existing or new business requirements using state of the art technologies, including production support.
• Architect, design, develop, implement and maintain code to support data processing and flows
• Defines infrastructure for design and integration of internet computing systems by analyzing information requirements; determining platform architecture, technology, and tools; studying business operations and user-interface requirements; directing the development of the physical database.
• Confirms architecture capability and flexibility to support high availability web applications by developing proof of concepts; completing validation tests. • Improves architecture by tracking emerging technologies; evaluating their applicability to business goals and operational requirements.
• Build reusable code and libraries for future use
• Perform production support activities such as monitor system processes, evaluate the outcome of system processes, work through system exceptions, and create processes to monitor and report on the overall system health.
• Work independently to understand the assigned work, deliver on agreed upon dates and raise issues/risks in a timely manner in case of risk to deliverables.
• Create/modify artifacts and deliverables expected from the SDLC and change management process such as project charter, proposed solution documents etc.
• Follow the SDLC and change management processes adopted by the organization. Participate in change management meetings to provide impact assessment of requested change, update the defect tracking system with most up to date information and perform release management tasks as assigned by Development manager.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field. Education Preferred: Master’s degree in Computer Science or engineering field preferred.
Experience Required: • 5+ yrs experience in software development in enterprise applications and web based applications, data discovery & analysis, data cleansing, data transformation, data modelling, and data visualization/dashboard modeling
Abilities: Ability to work on projects that cross functional areas with minimal supervision; ability to interact courteously and effectively with a variety of people; ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment; ability to successfully execute many complex tasks simultaneously; ability to work as a team member, as well as independently; desire to take on and master new skills and project areas; display attention to detail; and utilize imagination and resourcefulness in problem solving.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Reliable Software Resources employment does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or any other basis as covered by federal, state, or local law.
Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications, merit and business needs.