- Review and analyze systems, streamlining processes to ensure efficient/consistent use of all resources and adjusting designs to maximize reusability and reduce costs across subsystems
- Provide technology solutions and prototypes to be used as the basis or template for more complicated business/technical requirements
- Research, diagnose, and develop fixes for defects in existing code
- Address maintenance issues related to current development, testing, and production
- Participate in cross-area/application integration and design sessions as subject matter expert on browser-based application development
- Develop functional design and technical specifications, concept diagrams, and workflow diagrams, in coordination with analysts, development, and/or applicable administrative areas, including user interfaces for web applications, maintenance, monitoring, and software builds and releases
- Develop coding to implement project designs for new features or new browser-based systems applications
- Ensure team members understand the business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions, organizational standards are maintained, and applications are delivered according to project timeliness
- Provide estimates as to the duration and cost of future projects
- Research application development quality control trends throughout the industry
- Provide post-implementation support, including creation of systems enhancements, and instruction to production support team
- Research customer issues and determine appropriate resolutions
- 5 years of applications development/web developer experience
- Experience with Java EE 1.5+/JSP/JSTL, SQL, Hibernate 3.0+, Eclipse, SOAP/REST Web Services, Spring Framework 3.x, Java Security-Java SE 6+, and unit testing (TestNG preferred)
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.)
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or other job related field OR an associate degree in aforementioned fields plus 2 years of job-related experience OR an additional 4 years of job-related experience
Location: Columbia, SC
Work to be performed onsite
This is a contract to hire opportunity.
TM Floyd & Company offers a generous array of benefits, depending on the length of assignment. We also offer a referral bonus of up to $1,000. Ask us for more details!
TM Floyd & Company participates in E-VERIFY.