Java Developer Client:
Government Integrator Team Size:
40 (Developers, Testers, BA's) Environment:
Java/J2EE, Java Script, Angular 8+, JPA/ORM, REST/JAX/Soap Web Services, Weblogic, Spring Framework, Oracle 11g/12c, PL/SQL, Maven, HTML5, Log4f, Junit, and Unix/Linux, Agile Overview:
Well-rounded Java Developer will join team on 40 to develop and maintain appx 5-6 applications used to support the Imports division of the Food and Drug Administration.
The Imports/SIRCE program supports the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Office of Regulatory Affairs (ORA) critical work to safeguard the foods, drugs, devices, biologics, and veterinary products that the Agency regulates. Import Operations is one of the key functional areas within FDA. Headquarters and field staff utilize several systems to process entries of imported FDA-regulated commodities.Principal Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with business analysts, other developers, and test engineers on the team to produce high quality software that delivers business value and follows established design patterns and processes
- Develop, Code or modify, test, and debug application programs of varying degree of complexity
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
- Troubleshoot production problems within assigned applications software
- Assist less experienced staff in user specifications, coding, testing, and debugging.
- Work with business users to develop and implement acceptance tests to ensure that product meets customer requirements and expectations
- Implement recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Actively engage in process improvement initiatives.
- BS and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience
- Proven experience in full software lifecycle development with Java/J2EE, Java Script, Angular 8+, JPA/ORM, REST/JAX/Soap Web Services, Weblogic, Spring Framework, Oracle 11g/12c, PL/SQL, Maven, HTML5, Log4f, Junit, and Unix/Linux experience.
- Excellent understanding of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Experience with transitioning business logic from PL/SQL to Java, developing detailed designs, optimizing code for performance and reliability, conforming to coding standards and continuous integration
- Experience in parallel development environment managing overlapping efforts impacting same function
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including experience working directly with customers to discuss their requirements and objectives.
- Ability to prioritize, status, and multitask
- Experience with Subversion, JIRA, HP ALM
- Familiar with Agile development methodology
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or