One Company...Many Careers!
The Enterprise Interactions group within State Farm has a vision of making customer interactions seamless across multiple channels, simple to accomplish from a Customer's perspective, and personalized in ways that make each interaction individually unique for each Customer. Our work involves developing in some groundbreaking ways to enable this capability, and we are looking for experienced Java developers who are familiar with agile methodologies to join our innovative and dynamic team. A Day In The Life Of A Java Developer - (Spring/Microservices/Pivotal Cloud) - req10595
Software developers joining the Team will discover they are part of a very fun loving team where team members have a flexible, agile mindset and a strong commitment to learning, collaborating, and developing in accordance with the most current best practices and tools. The Team has daily ceremonies such as scrum standups, weekly sprint ceremonies such as story refinement sessions, planning, retrospectives, and showcases. The developers on the Team use practices such as pair programming and mobbing to help every member learn quickly and accelerate technical growth for all. The Team's Product Owner and Scrum Master ensure the day runs smoothly, and they do a great job of removing obstacles so that our developer team can be as productive as possible. Collaboration is key within the Team, and the Team members enjoy identifying and solving issues. The Team also enjoys having fun days and outings together as a way to fellowship and celebrate the successes of the Team.
Office Location (Tempe, AZ
) ...where we work hard AND play hard!
Our campus is conveniently located on Tempe Town Lake with close proximity to the transit & Downtown Tempe.We Are Looking for Candidates WithRequired Technical Skills:
Preferred Technical Skills:
- 3- 5 years of experience in Java development with good object oriented foundation and Java Enterprise concepts.
- Experience and familiarity building modern Spring applications with Spring Boot, Spring MVC with strong background with Spring and related projects.
- Experience developing APIs and REST/SOAP web services with designing and implementing highly available, scalable distributed systems.
- Experience with Pivotal Cloud Foundry and deploying cloud native applications to PCF.
- Employs agile development practices and mindset for design, architecture, coding, testing, managing source code, continuous delivery practices and quality reviews
- Participates in sprint planning; provides work estimates to deliver product stories; owns development stories
- Dev Ops, Continuous Delivery process refinement and tool sets such as Jenkins, monitoring tools such as Splunk, etc.
- Implements software solutions and resolve problems that decrease time to market, enhance flexibility and embrace the solution provider mindset
- Experience with open source tools and technologies.
What You Can Expect
- Maven or gradle or any build tool
- Source control systems such svn, git, etc.
- Continuous integration and deployment using Jenkins or any other similar tool
- Sql knowledge
- Micro service experience
- Experience with cloud technologies
- Positive, can do attitude
What's In It For You
- Next Steps: Competitive candidates may be invited to participate in the interview process. This is where the excitement begins!
- Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work authorization (e.g. H-1B visa) for this opportunity
We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! We're here to help life go right®Come join our passionate team!
- Competitive Benefits, Pay and Bonus Potential: Who doesn't want money, right?
- Volunteer opportunities: Get involved and give back to the community!
- Tuition Reimbursement: We support opportunities for you to learn and grow!
- A Learning Culture: Mentoring, Professional Designations, Employee Development, and more!
- 401k Plan and FULLY FUNDED PENSION: Yes, both. This is kind of a BIG deal!
- Dress Code: We trust our employees to dress for their day. That's right, we trust you...
- We embrace Diversity and Inclusion: We are one team and it is simply the right thing to do!
- Learn more about our benefits at State Farm Careers!