One Company...Many Careers!A Day In The Life Of A Java Developer - (Spring/Microservices/Pivotal Cloud) - req8826
Enterprise Interactions Group within State Farm has a vision of making customer interaction seamless across multiple channels and make each interaction meaningful. The project involves some groundbreaking ways to enable this capability and is looking for experienced Agile developers. The product will be built using latest Java technologies including Cloud and Spring Boot.
Office Location (Tempe, AZ
) ...where we work hard AND play hard!
Our Marina Heights Campus is conveniently located on Tempe Town Lake with close proximity to Transit & Downtown Tempe.We Are Looking for Candidates With
Additional Experience considered as beneficial:
- 3-5 yrs of Industry exp in Software Development
- Java development with good Object Oriented foundation
- Experience and familiarity building modern Spring applications with Spring Boot; strong background with Spring and related projects
- Experience with Pivotal Cloud Foundry and deploy cloud native applications to PCF
- Proficient in object oriented development and Java Enterprise concepts
- Experience with architecting and implementing 12 factor apps using Spring Boot, Spring Cloud including; Spring MVC, Spring Boot, Spring JDBC, Spring Cloud
- Experience with designing and implementing highly available, scalable distributed systems .
- Micro-services design and implementation Development of Java Web Services REST/SOAP/WSDL/XML/SOA
- Unit testing frameworks using jUnit and Mockito
- Employs agile development practices and mindset for design, architecture, coding, testing, managing source code, continuous delivery practices and quality reviews
- Participates in sprint planning; provides work estimates to deliver product stories; owns development stories
- DevOps, Continuous Delivery process refinement and tool sets such as Jenkins, monitoring tools such as Splunk, etc.
- Implements software solutions and resolve problems that decrease time to market, enhance flexibility and embrace the solution provider mindset
- Experience with open source tools and technologies
What You Can Expect
- Maven or gradle or any build tool
- Source control systems such svn, git, etc.
- Continuous integration and deployment using Jenkins or any other similar tool
- Sql knowledge
- Has experience in taking an application to production
- Experience with queues
- Micro service experience
- Experience with cloud technologies
Next Steps: Competitive candidates may
be invited to participate in the interview process. This is where the excitement begins! Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work authorization (e.g. H-1B visa) for this opportunityWhat's In It For You
We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! We're here to help life go right®Come join our passionate team!
- Competitive Benefits, Pay and Bonus Potential: Who doesn't want money, right?
- 401k Plan and FULLY FUNDED PENSION: This is kind of a BIG deal!
- Dress Code: We trust our employees to dress for their day. That's right, we trust you...do your happy dance!
- Discount Program: Are you in the market for electronics, jewelry, travel or more?
- Free covered garage parking: No more bad hair days from walking in the rain!
- Volunteer opportunities: Give back to the community!
- A Learning Culture: Mentoring, Tuition Reimbursement, Health Initiatives, and more!
- We embrace Diversity and Inclusion--It's simply the right thing to do!
- Learn more about our benefits at State Farm Careers!