Our direct client is looking for to fill in 3 open positions in Rockville, MD. If interested, please send your recent resume along with your rate/salary expectation on W2.
- 1- Jr. Java Developer [Minimum 5 years exp]
- 2 - Mid-Java Developer [5-8 years exp]
- 3 - Senior Java Developer [8 years exp]
Position Title: Jr. / Mid / Senior Java Developer
Location: Rockville, Maryland
Duration: Long Term
Senior Java Developer
The Senior Java Developer designs, develops, documents, unit-tests, implements and deploys web-based Java applications to support business requirements. He/ she must follow approved software development life cycle methodologies (RUP/ SCRUM) and all processes as required from time to time.
A: ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include the following. Other duties may be assigned)
- Interacts with the business analysis team to understand project requirements.
- Develops overall architecture/ product design documents, technical design specifications for individual modules and technology justifications for architectural considerations.
- Ensure integration of entire system or subsystem
- Provide maintenance and troubleshooting support to the helpdesk and/ or maintenance team to help resolve technical issues with production systems by debugging, research and investigation.
- Design and Develop Java and J2EE based web applications using Java frameworks as required by customer.
- Design and Develop secure web services.
- Create PL/SQL procedures, functions, triggers and associated PL/ SQL or SQL database scripts as needed.
- Develop build packages using Maven/ Apache Ant.
- Applies Java and Oracle standard coding practices and industry standards.
- Applies Section 508/ Accessibility Standards compliant software development methodologies.
B: EXPERIENCE and QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Experience with Java EE, Apache Solr with SolrJ, Spring, Struts 2, Hibernate and EJB is required.
- Experience with BI Tools like Pentaho, Actuate iHub, Qlikview etc., is preferred.
- Experience with HTML 5, JS, JQuery, AngularJS, Bootstrap, JSON and CSS is required.
- Experience with Oracle Relational database, SQL, PL/SQL is required.
- Experience implementing single sign on using OASIS SAML 2.0 specifications. Experience configuring an Identify Provider for federated authentication is preferred.
- Experienced in designing systems based on Service Oriented Architecture principles. Knowledge of an Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) is nice to have.
- Ability to work with UI framework tools like Telerik’s Kendo UI.
- Knowledge of software lifecycle methodology – Rational Unified Process (RUP), Rapid Application Development (RAD) and SCRUM/ Agile methodologies.
- Knowledge of CMMI Level 3 processes.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- 8 years of recent experience with the following technologies is required:
- JAVA/ J2EE
- Apache Solr
- Struts 2
- Spring 3.0, EJB 3, Hibernate
- HTML 5, JS, JQuery, Ajax, JSON, CSS, AngularJS, Bootstrap
- Oracle Weblogic, Apache HTTP
- 5 years of experience with the following technologies:
- Oracle Database, SQL/ PL/SQL
- Charting Technologies (D3/ C3 graphs preferred)
- Pentaho, Qlikview, or Actuate iHub
- GIS/Maps development (Leaflet/ OpenStreetMap libraries preferred)
- SOAP/ REST, XML, XSD, XLST, WSDL, JAX-WS/CXF
- Actuate BIRT Reports/ Jasper Reports, Oracle Reports, Apache POI
- Maven/ Ant
- JUnit/ JMock/ Selenium
C: EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS and/or MEMBERSHIPS
Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field preferred
Sun/ Oracle Certified Java Programmer desirable
D: COMMUNICATIONS SKILLS
This job requires interaction with scientists, program managers, senior executives, end-users, programming staff, administration, and support personnel. The ability to effectively communicate ideas and concepts both orally and in written documents is critical.