Job Title: Java Developer
Location: Charlotte, NC/Pennington, NJ Jersey City, NJ
- Provides application software development services or technical support in more complex situations.
- May also be responsible for requirements gathering and BRD/SRD preparation.
- Has thorough knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Provide application support for Pershing's next generation web portal.
- Work closely on a small team to define function specifications and build the next generation of products leveraging Angular frameworks.
- Provide production support that involves troubleshooting and resolving high-priority customer incidents and implementing application fixes to incidents.
- Work in an onshore/offshore extended team development model. Provide technical guidance to junior team members. Coordinates coding, testing, implementation and documentation of solution. Ensures that expected application performance levels are achieved.
- Proposes innovative, creative technology solutions and contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, 5-7+ years of experience in software development required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Experience with the following are preferred but not required: Electron, JIRA, Maven, Git, SonarQube, Junit, Microservices, SASS/LESS
- Any exposure to Unix, C++, C, Unix shell programming is preferred.
- Good understanding of operating system concepts is preferred
- Basic database knowledge SQL, JDBC is preferred
- Agile (Scrum) development methodology and familiarity with DevOps tools and techniques would be preferred. "