Job Title: Project Manager
Location: 100 Hancock Street, Quincy, MA
Project(s) Duration: 9+ months contract
Hours per Week: 37.5 hours per work week. (holidays are not work days)
Job Duties: (DETAILED STATEMENT OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES)
Working with other project managers and program manager on phased migration planning by grouping applications into waves.
- Be responsible for driving the migration of specific waves and/or specific applications within waves to AWS
- Developing detailed project plans, schedules, work breakdown structures, and project checklists to meet established time frames, funding limitations, and staffing availability.
- Working with IT, external partners, and business stakeholders to develop effective project plans with detailed milestones and activities.
Reporting status and risks on a weekly basis to program manager and application stakeholders.
Collaborating with agency business leaders to develop and maintain ongoing release schedules.
Coordinating project activities for adherence to project plan and goals, including AWS infrastructure setup, application migration, functional and technical testing (accessibility, vulnerability, and performance), application validation and cutover, and decommissioning of private cloud infrastructure after stabilization
Monitoring results against established timelines, deliverables, tasks, dependencies, and associated technical specifications
Managing project development process to include monitoring project scope and change control processes
Knowledge of, and proven experience managing the migration of large-scale IT Systems and Applications from a private cloud to AWS public cloud and Gov Cloud
- Experience working with multiple simultaneous projects/applications at various stages with competing priorities and shifting timelines
- A good understanding and proven work experience with various SDLC methodologies
Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with management, end users, project team members, and vendors
Ability to interact effectively with technical personnel and with a wide variety of technical resources
Ability to translate and communicate technical concepts, information, plans, and procedures to both technical personnel and non-IT business users
Knowledge and demonstrated ability to conduct detailed planning, and to perform risk assessments and their associated risk mitigation actions
Excellent oral and written communication skills, and presentation skills
- Experience working with government projects
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
Minimum (8) eight years of IT experience in one or more technical roles
Minimum (5) five years of extensive hands-on experience with project management as the project manager with full accountability and financial responsibility
Minimum (3) three years of experience managing enterprise-wide AWS Cloud migration projects
Experience with and preparing project documentation such as detailed requirements
Proficiency with MS Project
Proficiency with MS Office applications including Excel, Word, Visio, Outlook, and Power Point.