Apex Systems has multiple openings, ranging from Junior to Senior/Lead Level, for Java Developers that will play a key role in new development and modernization efforts with one of clients in the Rockville, MD area. Below is some additional information. If you, or someone you know might be interested, please forward an updated resume to Matt Kisling at email@example.com. Also, if you are currently all set, please hold onto my information until I can be of assistance. Have a great day!
Client: Gov’t Integrator
Compensation: $70,000-120,000/year (comparable w2 hourly rate initially depending experience)
Technical Landscape: Java 8/7, Spring, RESTFul Web Services, Hibernate, Maven, Oracle, Agile
- Perform application development and support
- Understand and apply development design patterns.
- Understand and apply design disciplines including Object-Oriented Design and Analysis ad Domain-Driven Design
- Understand and leverage common architectural styles and patterns (Layered, Clean, CRUD, CQRS, etc)
- Understand and apply quality techniques and practices (automated unit testing, Test Driven Design/Development, java performance analysis, continuous integration)
- Problem and modification identification, classification, and prioritization
- Design modification and execution of solution
- Testing of the application as required when changes are made to the, application, its infrastructure or interfacing systems
- Provide the modification as part of a release package for installation in the operational environment.
- Data quality and data management
- Creation and maintenance of system documentation and artifacts
- Disaster recovery testing
- Provide support of critical production issues
- Work well on small, high-performing teams
- Bachelor's Degree in an associated discipline and a minimum of 1 year of experience or an equivalent combination of education and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Java 7 and 8, Hibernate, Maven, Oracle, REST Services, Spring
- Non US Citizens are required to have lived in the United States for the last 36 consecutive months to meet the residency requirement for the clearance
- Vaadin, Spring Boot, Docker, Amazon Web Services, JOOQ experience in a continuous integration environment.
- Scripting languages and experience (Ruby, Python, etc)
- Desirable technologies: Servlet, JSP, SOAP, JBPM5, Drools, Jquery, JMS, Apache Lucene/SOLR, ElasticSearch