TISTA Science and Technology Corporation, a CMMI Maturity Level 3 company, focuses on delivering information technology and professional services to Federal and State agencies. TISTA is an Inc. 500 company, a recipient of the 2010 Top 100 Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Businesses from Diversity Business, recognized in Washington Technology's FAST 50 list of the fastest growing small businesses in government contracting in 2012 & 2013, recognized as the Top 25 Fastest Growing Small Technology companies by the Washington Business Journal in 2014 & 2015, and selected as the Veteran Owned Company of the Year in 2014 by the Montgomery County MD Dept. of Economic Development.
TISTA Science and Technology Corporation is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to assist in the development, delivery and management of technology-based solutions. The Sr. Software Engineer will be joining our team in leading the charge to identify healthcare fraud, waste and abuse.
- Analyze Requirements and design the application
- Code, test and implement configuration changes and assist in the design of software applications to meet both functional and technical requirements.
- Own and drive projects throughout all the SDLC phases and provide technical and process guidance to the team
- Ability to clearly understand and articulate complex problems.
- Very strong interpersonal skills able to work at all levels of the organization
- Able to support team for technical issues
- Minimum 8+ year’s experience
- Strong understanding of core Java, Spring framework
- Experience creating and consuming RESTful web services
- Java Micro Service Architecture frameworks such as Spring Boot
- Java Persistence API (Preferably Hibernate)
- Good practical knowledge of relational databases
- Good knowledge of AngularJS, HTML and CSS
- Solid understanding of object-oriented design patterns, data structures, algorithms, MVC and concurrency/multi-threading
- Experience with tools like Maven, Jenkins, Git
Highly desired but not mandatory skills:
- Agile development using Jira and Confluence.
- Experience with NiFi, AirFlow etc.
- Experience with Java 1.8 +
- Experience with Queue frameworks like ActiveMQ , Hazelcast etc
- Fundamental understanding of scale-out/high-availability architecture and low latency distributed messaging frameworks
- AWS Knowledge
- Container technologies – Docker / Kubernetes
- Understanding of infrastructure (firewalls, load balancers, storage, monitoring, security etc.) and have experience with orchestration to develop a cloud solution
- Bachelors of Science or Associate Degree in IT or related field
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust security clearance
Here at TISTA Science and Technology we value our Veterans and encourage all to apply!
TISTA is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.