- Provide expertise on design, implementation, testing, and delivery of high-volume services.
- Collaborate with product management and the team while analyzing and decomposing complex software features into simpler stories for planning and execution.
- Collaborate with the team to manage and estimate the size and complexity of the features/stories. Perform the technical design, implementation, and testing of feature/stories and commit to what can be accomplished in an iteration.
- Be the technical leader for product features, responsible for ensuring that development activities are coordinated throughout the development cycle.
- Own system and feature quality throughout the development, testing and deployment phases to ensure quality delivery expectations are met.
- Drive value and build to continuously improve the quality of the team’s deliverables.
- Conduct new technology research, proof of concept, and design work that will provide direction for the enhancement of the overall system and products.
- Contribute to software engineering best practices for design, coding standards, performance, security, delivery, maintainability and culture.
- Demonstrate ownership of developed components from development through production.
- 4+ years performing object oriented design and building backend applications with API services with demonstrable experience with Node.js including Express.js
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- Hands on experience with Cloud services (AWS, Azure)
- Demonstrated ability to lead or drive a project with sound technical and design skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills, including an ability to look forward and anticipate problems and assess risk.
- Excellent mentoring skills and the desire to contribute to efforts beyond the scope of the day-to-day project work.
- Advocate of unit testing, automation and test-driven development.
- Detailed understanding of Agile software engineering principles and methodologies