The Allstate Corporation is the largest publicly held personal lines property and casualty insurer in America. Allstate was founded in 1931 and became a publicly traded company in 1993. We are listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the trading symbol ALL. Allstate is widely known through the "You're In Good Hands With Allstate " slogan. As of year-end 2013, Allstate had $123.5 billion in total assets. In 2014 Allstate was number 92 on the Fortune 500 list of largest companies in America.
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. We ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate is starting an enterprise transformation of products, processes and technology that will drive consumer-centricity and accelerate our growth. The Enterprise Payments team vision is to provide a secure enterprise payment utility to support Allstate s evolving product portfolio, enabling customers to pay when, where and how they want. Our team is building an API-focused, simple-to-consume platform to transact payments for any product or service from entry through capture, settlement and reconciliation. We are looking for a full stack developer to join a dynamic team focused on creating innovative solutions.
* Participate in executing the strategy, keeping the customer experience in mind
* Collaborates within the team in designing systems and apps
* Practices daily paired programming and test-driven development in writing software and building products
* Establishes continuous integration, continuous delivery and continuous deployment pipelines and practices
* Provides support for software products in user environments
* Participates in knowledge sharing and contributes to the overall growth of the collective knowledge of the team
* Participates in iteration planning meetings ensuring that the team has a common understanding of each story and chores in a team s backlog
* Participates in daily site, cross-site and product team standups
* Participates in retrospectives to gather feedback and derive actionable items to improve the team and the product
* Strong verbal communication skills
* Ability to develop clean, well-designed code
* Continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD); (Jenkins, Concourse CI and/or Gradle)
* Developing/consuming Web Services (REST, SOAP) and APIs
* Data (SQL or similar query language) and data constructs (XML, JSON)
* JavaSpring framework (Spring and Spring Boot)
* Front-end experience (HTML5, CSS3) developing responsive designed applications
* Source Control Management (preferably GitHub)
* Experience in working in IDE (Intellij)
* Strong understanding of testing patterns to support functional and performance tests
* Experience with Behavior Driven Development tools (Cucumber)
* Experience with unit test frameworks (Jest)
* Experience with Code Analyzer and scanning tools (Compliance Buddy, Veracode, Sonar Cube)
* Familiarity with Unix/Linux environments
* Experience designing applications in an iterative manner
* MS SQL Server database knowledge/experience
* Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Cloud Foundry
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands .
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but that s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.