This is Fulltime with Apex Systems - Target salary should be between $100-$150K annually. NO H1 Transfers. Only Permanent Residents and all EAD's
End Customer - Freddie Mac
We are working on a large modernization project across several applications moving from monolithic architecture to Microservices. We are working with multiple hiring managers and candidates will have the opportunity to interview with multiple groups. We are responsible for screening candidates on Core Java, Object Orientation, Spring (with a focus on SpringBoot), RESTful WebServices (ability to develop/produce WebServices) and relational databases, specifically SQL experience.
EDS Java Roles
Development Support roles for new Microservices Architecture migrating from Spring MVC
- 5+ Years Java (JEE), Spring (MVC or boot) Experience
- REST Web Services (Microservices)
- SQL and MongoDBs
- Nice to Have:
- IBM ODM
- Mortgage Industry experience
- Agile Experience
- *Spring Boot
- Programming Concepts
- Object Orientation
- Spring MVC
- Generic SQL
- RESTful Web Services
If you are a confident, poised, self-motivated and creative professional with a passion for communications and a belief that good communication is vital to driving change, we are your next destination employer! As a Development Support Professional, you will be a part of the software development team that will work on projects for critical core applications. You will be engaging with a project team that's comprised of business, analysis, testing, and infrastructure partners, all working together to enhance the capabilities of these systems.
Your Work Falls Into These Primary Categories:
Software Development and Implementation Understand Business needs and processes; identify solutions, present and work with project team/sponsors in identifying best solution. Participate in Requirements Analysis; design Applications based on System Requirements; promote top code quality and solve challenging issues related to performance tuning and scalability. Provide production support that includes evaluate defects, investigate cause and come up with solutions to address defects. Implementation of software application changes with aggressive deployment timelines. Execute department processes in a high-quality, efficient and team oriented manner.
- Experience facilitating work across multiple levels of IT support and development teams for production issues
- Production support is matrix based organizational support, and the individual needs to clearly communicate progress and issues to matrix manager.
Development Operations and Application Support
- Contribute in creating delivery pipelines for newly created Micro Services on Docker and Openshift platforms.
- Support building and maintaining Micro Services practice within development group with objective to create standards, tools and training other developers and support personnel.
- Support one of the client's core applications in providing Level 3 support. This support includes providing fixes to production defects and making light enhancements. Quickly evaluate defects, investigate cause and come up with solutions to address the defect.
Qualifications Typically has minimum 5 years of related experience Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent experience Minimum of 5 years of experience in software development / application support; 2 years of relevant experience and specialized training or certification in the following technologies: J2EE, Java, Web Development and SQL. Experience with UML, SQL and UNIX Shell Script Position requires strong analytical skills, software engineering process skills, and the understanding of XML and creation of XML test data. Proficient in documenting and communicating ideas clearly Ability to resolve issues in a non-confrontational manner
Keys to Success in This Role Works under normal supervision. Follows established directions from Team Lead. Good team player. Strong written and oral communications skills. Proactive in nature with customer satisfaction as primary goal. Innovative in providing solutions, likes to take on challenges with calculated risk. Quick learner of new technologies and tools. Not a just developer, but a developer with a mindset to think holistically to build a reliable, flexible, and well performing system. Organized, ability to meet deadlines, work independently, manage multiple priorities Excellent verbal and written communication Demonstrated analytical ability and problem-solving skills Self-starter; collaborative; problem-solver Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
Top 3 Personal Competences to Possess
- Partnership: Build trust and strong partnerships through my own and my team's actions
- Drive for Execution: Be accountable for strong individual and team performance
- Customer Focus (Internal and External): Personally engage with customers to learn their need