Sr. Full Stack Java Developer Duration:
Long-term contract permanent hire Location:
100% remote (company based in Bethesda, MD)
Apex Systems has multiple openings for Sr. Full Stack Java Developers
supporting federal health enterprise systems. These are long-term contract-to-hire positions that are fully remote
. Compensation ranges depending upon years of experience, education level, and certifications.Responsibilities:
- Research, design, develop and maintain enterprise system for our clients using the JEE, Spring MVC, Struts 1.3+, Spring JDBC, Hibernate, Bootstrap, SOAP/RESTful, XML, PL/SQL, SonarQube, Git (Stash) and JIRA in an Agile software development environment.
- This involves the use of user stories, acceptance criteria and other software engineering artifacts as part of an Agile team.
- Create and update all relevant documentation and specifications for design, development, and testing.
- Present concepts using UML and be willing to challenge other team member's designs as well as receive and incorporate feedback.
- The candidate will also assist in troubleshooting and fixing issues from the production environment.
- The candidate will collaborate with customers, analysts, architects, DBAs, operations, and testers using Agile Scrum.
- Responsible for creating maintainable, adaptable, scalable, defect free code using software development best practices and coding standards (i.e. software reuse, refactoring, continuous integration, test automation, secure development, TDD, static code analysis, peer/code review).
- Support the software configuration management process and understand software components and their interface requirements.
- This position requires someone who is proactive and passionate about ensuring the quality of software deliverables and continuous improvement, as well as, and can communicate with the development teams what is required to achieve this effectively on tasks.
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in Computer Science or IT related discipline and 8+ years of related experience is required.
- Experience with Object oriented design and development, data structures and design patterns
- Experienced with Agile framework and ability to apply best practices using industry standards throughout all software developed
- Experienced with Java 7+, Spring MVC/ Struts, JDBC, Hibernate, Eclipse, Web Services (XML, SOAP/RESTful, Apache CXF) and Git
- Experience with front-end technologies such as Bootstrap, JQuery, Ajax, Tiles, HTML5, CSS3
- Experience with RDMS and database design and troubleshooting (Oracle, PL/SQL)
- Experience with Automated unit test (i.e. jUnits, jsTestDriver, mocks) and test driven development
- Knowledge of web application security vulnerabilities and how to address them
- Experience with build servers such as Cruise Control, working knowledge of ANT Scripting. Familiarity with continuous integration principles.
- Able to multi-task and work in a dynamic, fast-pace environment.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com or 844-463-6178.