We are looking for a senior Java/IIB developer to work in our development team that builds and supports an application integrated with The Clearing House's Real Time Payment network. The application is highly available and handles high volume payment origination, processing, and settlement capabilities for customer and colleague facing front end user interface applications. Responsibilities include:
* Ensure that assigned deliverables are planned and completed. For example planning/scope estimates, detailed design, development, unit testing, defect fixes, implementation planning/execution, change controls, and production support/incident resolution.
* Track and report on the development progress completing deliverables (code, documentation, estimates, etc) using systems like TFS Azure, ServiceNow, and IBM case management.
* Provide technical leadership via design direction, code reviews, and unit testing direction.
* Provide partnership and guidance to testers, analysts, and stakeholders.
* Diagnose root causes to complex technical problems like performance, availability, internal and external application integrations, database, middleware (webserver, application server, WebSphere, MQ, IIB), network, etc.
* Provide L3 production support 24/7/365 spread across the team.
* Research and facilitate the monitoring, high availability and support methodology for our production environment.
* Maintain evergreen system documentation containing design content, developer guidelines, onboarding procedures, and troubleshooting guides.Basic Qualifications
* 7 years of hands on development using Java EE technologies that provide web services, incoming/outgoing file processing, and user interface capabilities.
* 7 years of hands on IBM Integration Bus (IIB) development and support.
* Excellent communication, design, documentation, analytical, and SDLC skills.
* Work independently and with minimal supervision.
* Possess 2 years of professional experience in mentoring/supervising junior development team members.
* Bachelor's DegreePreferred Qualifications
* Experience with IBM FTM (Financial Transaction Manager) or alternatively other payment engine/payment hub technology.
* TCH RTP integration experience
* 5 years using IBM WebSphere/MQ/DB2 (or other relational database)/FTM and Unix/Linux commands.
* Payments/payment processing background in 1 or more of the following: Wires, ACH, Zelle, TCH RTP or Bill Payments.
* Experience using monitoring tools like Dynatrace, Zenoss, Splunk, and log files to evaluate the health of mission critical production applications and to identify root causes for performance and functional issues.
* GIT, Maven, Jenkins, JSON & SOAP xml.
* 3 years delivering software using agile methodologies.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com