We do cool stuff. We are passionate about building high quality systems that solve complex problems on a massive scale. We develop in an Agile/SAFe environment. Our team is inclusive, made up of bright software engineers who enjoy working together to develop innovative software solutions in an environment where individual differences and unique perspectives are embraced. Our business is fast paced and ever changing to get new features and capabilities to market, while conforming to global regulations. Applications are developed on back office micro-services, mobile, web, in-vehicle customer platforms, and WebLogic. We leverage private Pivotal Cloud Foundry, J2EE and Big Data backend services, allowing opportunities to work in numerous technologies on applications achieving continuous availability. We are leveraging technology enabling a new generation of connected vehicles worldwide. We have call centers located in multiple countries around the world, backed by two world class data centers. Our technology is a key enabler to things like smarter car sharing programs, driver customization opportunities, advanced active safety systems, super cruise and autonomous driving. These capabilities exist through the largest implementation of 4G LTE in the automotive industry which enables the capture of massive amount of vehicle data to our Big Data platform. Our connected vehicles send thousands of data elements requiring an architecture that can support over 1 million vehicle transactions per hour with sub-second response times. Our innovation teams are driving game changing features to the consumer and the automotive industry. We don't expect candidates to understand all of these technologies. Individual teams focus on a smaller set of technologies. Our organization uses a lot of technologies, affording employees the opportunities to learn new skills and technologies.
The Java Developer role will involve close interaction with the Systems Architect, Development Team Leaders, business team members and other members of the development team and will demand a high level of design and coding to implement and deliver enhancements. There will be ample opportunities to quickly expand on your technical experience, with plenty of business exposure. This role requires a foundation in J2EE with SQL experience. Java Developers provide leadership and technical expertise to enable multi-layered solution architectures that comprehend and specify business, application, data and infrastructure designs. The ideal candidate for this role will possess a passion for technology and a desire to have exposure to and learn more about the Global Connected Consumer.
Applicants must have strong core Java skills gained in a business environment along with the following technical skills and experience:
• 3+ years' experience delivering Java / JEE Business Solutions
• 3+ years' experience of the full software development lifecycle (SDLC)
• 3+ years' experience SQL/Oracle
• 3+ years' experience with OO analysis and design experience
• Proficiency with Microservices, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Spark, Kubernetes, Akka, Pulsar, RabbitMQ, Cassandra, Redis, Bitbucket and Maven
• Proficiency with Agile Dev Techniques (including TDD, JUnit, Mocks)
• Proficiency with SQL, Hibernate, Web Services (REST and/or SOAP)
• Ability to clearly communicate with peers, business analysts, and subject matter experts
• Ability to function with new technologies
Minimum Qualifications for Java Developer:
• 4-year College degree preferably in computer science, Computer or Electrical engineering, information systems, mathematics, data analytics or statistics or equivalent experience
• Typical: At least 3+ years relevant experience in the business environment
• Experience with Agile teams that have regularly delivered software while practicing code review
• Over 3 years of software development experience in Java services
• Creating self-contained, reusable, and testable modules and components in frontend and backend work
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to effectively communicate and translate feedback, needs and solutions
• Creative problem-solving skills that deliver elegant solutions to complex issues
• 3+ years' experience with monitoring tools and event processing from incident alerts from monitoring?tools.??SiteScope?and HP Enterprise?Operations Bridge?Manager is a plus.?
• 2+ years' experience Linux/Unix shell scripting and/or Python.?
• 2+ years' experience creating and running JUnit Tests?
• 1+ year experience with the ELK stack and dashboarding within Kibana.?
• Working knowledge with WebLogic Scripting Tool (WLST).?
• Working knowledge of source control software (SVN, Git or TFS).?
• Working knowledge with CI/CD Technologies / Best Practices (Artifactory, Black Duck, Chef, CARA, SonarQube and Jenkins, Build pipelines, GitFlow, etc.)
• Experience with Groovy, Kubernetes or Docker?containers is?a plus
Java Developer Job Duties:
7 years experience
• Defines site objectives by analyzing user requirements; envisioning system features and functionality.
• Designs and develops user interfaces to internet/intranet applications by setting expectations and features priorities throughout development life cycle; determining design methodologies and tool sets; completing programming using languages and software products; designing and conducting tests.
• Recommends system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of custom development and purchase alternatives.
• Integrates applications by designing database architecture and server scripting; studying and establishing connectivity with network systems, search engines, and information servers.
• Creates multimedia applications by using authoring tools.
• Completes applications development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
• Supports users by developing documentation and assistance tools.
• Updates job knowledge by researching new internet/intranet technologies and software products; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Java, Java Applets, Web Programming Skills, Teamwork, Verbal Communication, Web User Interface Design, Software Requirements, Software Development Process, Object-Oriented Design (OOD), Multimedia Content Development, Software Debugging
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or