At CCMS, we don't design the transportation. We design the transportation experience. CCMS employees develop the technology enabling a new generation of connected vehicles. This technology is a key enabler to things like smarter car sharing programs, more advanced active safety and even autonomous driving. These capabilities exist through the largest implementation of 4G LTE in the automotive industry and a vehicle wired to collect thousands of data elements. Our environment requires an architecture that can support over 900,000 vehicle transactions per hour with sub-second response times. 4G LTE capability has been described as an "untapped, under-appreciated opportunity" valued at $350M in improved 2018 profits. The innovation our teams are driving is game changing to the consumer, to the industry and to the company.
About the Role
The UI Developer role will involve close interaction with the Systems Architect, Development Team Leaders, business team members and other members of the development team and will demand a high level of design and coding to implement and deliver enhancements. There will be ample opportunities to quickly expand on your technical experience, with plenty of business exposure. This role requires a strong foundation in jQuery, Angular 2+ experience.
The UI Systems Developers will provide leadership and technical expertise to enable multi-layered solution architectures that comprehend and specify business, application, data and infrastructure designs. The ideal candidate for this role will possess a passion for technology and a desire to have exposure to, and learn more about the Global Connected Consumer.
Applicants must have strong core Java skills gained in a business environment along with the following technical skills and experience:
• Bachelor's Degree from an Accredited Institution
• profound knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3
• High level of experience with UI layouts, SASS, LESS, Bootstrap, and the CSS GRID system
• Solid experience in using a complex REST API from the client-side
• Solid understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues, and ways to work around them
• Good knowledge and practical experience of client-side build/config management
• Good knowledge and practical experience of testing tools like Webpack, Jasmine, Karma, etc.
• Good understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git, Mercurial, or SVN
• Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and Ajax
• Some exposure to Continuous Integration/Delivery pipeline for cloud, including Jenkins, SonarQube, Docker, etc.
• Basic knowledge of graphical tools such as GIMP or Photoshop, so that you can make small changes to images
• Proficiency with Agile Development Techniques (including TDD, JUnit, Mocks, Pair Programming)
• Proficiency with SQL, Hibernate, Web Services (REST and/or SOAP) & WebLogic
• Proficiency with Microservices, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Spark, Kubernetes, Akka, Pulsar, RabbitMQ, Cassandra, Redis, Bitbucket and Maven
• Ability to clearly communicate with peers, business analysts, and subject matter experts
• Ability to function with new technologies
• Ability to lead and mentor associate developers
• 4-year College degree preferably in computer science, Computer or Electrical engineering, information systems, mathematics, data analytics or statistics or equivalent experience
• Typical: At least 4+ years relevant experience in the business environment
• Experience with Agile teams that have regularly delivered software while practicing code review
• Over 4 years of software development experience
• Creating self-contained, reusable, and testable modules and components in frontend and backend work
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to effectively communicate and translate feedback, needs and solutions
• Creative problem-solving skills that deliver elegant solutions to complex issues
• 3+ years' experience with monitoring tools and event processing from incident alerts from monitoring?tools.??SiteScope?and HP Enterprise?Operations Bridge?Manager is a plus.?
• Working knowledge of source control software (SVN, Git or TFS).?
• Working knowledge with CI/CD Technologies / Best Practices (Artifactory, Black Duck, Chef, CARA, SonarQube and Jenkins, Build pipelines, GitFlow, etc.)
• Experience with Groovy, Kubernetes or Docker?containers is?a plus?
• Experience with React Native (or native iOS or Android codebases)
• Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
• Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that applications will adhere to them
• Experience in the node/npm/yarn eco-system for development and deployment
• Deep knowledge of build systems (webpack, Parcel, grunt, gulp, etc.)
• TDD experience and an evangelist for testing frameworks
• Practiced in front-end QA testing and testing automation (cypress.io)
• Development on high performance multi-tiered architectures (in Java)
• Experience with both real time and batch systems
• Experience with distributed technologies such as Oracle Coherence
• Experience with Performance Tuning
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or