Java Developer Opportunity in Lincoln, RI! Job Title:
Java Developer Apex Job Number:
Lincoln, RI Rate
: Negotiable Based On Experience Responsibilities:
- Utilize and maintain technical and applications expertise, including the use of technologies, tools, programming standards, established processes, and concepts necessary to develop quality IT solutions for most of the section's areas of responsibility.
- Participate in and may provide oversight for activities associated with the Application Development Life Cycle including design, construction, testing, documenting and implementation of complex IT solutions.
- Collaborate and facilitate collaboration with team members as well as across teams and sections to complete work in a timely manner.
- Provide coverage and support of production application systems. May coach others on best problem-solving practices for production support.
- Provide mentoring and guidance to other IT personnel handling routine work.
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 5 years of experience or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Guidewire application development experience is highly preferred
- Committed to continuous learning including but not limited to training sessions or seminars with a focus on expanding knowledge beyond the current role.
- Ability to effectively break down, prioritize and manage multiple competing tasks independently.
- Ability to identify challenges and risks to the completion of work along with communication of those with possible solutions to the appropriate personnel.
- Capable of completing non-routine work independently including conducting research and using appropriate problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively within our Corporate Information Systems Department as well as with business units about planned work, completed work and next steps
For this opportunity, you will also be eligible for benefits through Apex for the contract period, 401K, medical/health benefits options, a W2 hourly rate, weekly pay, and direct deposit!
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or