Java Developer Location:
McLean, VA Schedule:
40 hours / weekOverview: Apex Systems
, the nation's second largest IT staffing and technology services firm, has an immediate opening for a Java Developer
to sit on-site in McLean, VA
- Translate user stories into functional applications
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, reliable code
- Ensure best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Maintain code quality, organization, and automation
- Contribute in all phases of development lifecycle
- Write testable, efficient, well designed code
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives presenting them for review
- Provide production support including TCP/IP, Virtual Machines, firewalls, load balancers, VPN
- Exp: 5 Years with Bachelors, 3 Years with Masters
- Minimum of 3 years hands on Java experience
- Experience with IDE debugging
- Object oriented analysis and design using common design patterns
- Familiarity with Java GUI frameworks
- Familiarity with web security (authentication, OWASP, injection, XSS)
- Ability to support web container configuration updates (Websphere, Tomcat)
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline.
***As a contract employee of Apex Systems, you are eligible for Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance; Shorter Term Disability; Hospitalization Coverage; Direct Deposit; Weekly Pay Periods; Training and Development Programs; Corporate Discounts / Perks and our Referral Program.***Apex Systems is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
- Experience working on agile projects
- Must be able to quickly adapt to fast paced environment and immediately provide support to mission critical program
- Ability to develop strong customer relationships
- Should have excellent written and oral communication and collaboration skills to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner.
- Must be able to obtain a Postal Sensitive Clearance (====ship or ==== status required) Must not have traveled outside of the US for a combined period of 6 months (or longer) within the last 5 years
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 844-463-6178.