Project: New Account Opening
- This is one of four main digitalization projects for our client. You will report to an IT Team Manager under the Director of Digital Technology for our client.
- In April of 2019 this project kicked off for customers to open accounts online. Previously this had to be done in a branch or by calling a number. This is part of a 5 year roadmap. The client purchased a software solution that is being developed in house and externally to meet their needs.
New Technologies / Learning Agility
- Given that you will be developing software to open accounts for various domains (consumer "retail", business "commercial", checking, savings, credit cards, mortgages, etc.) there is a lot of domain knowledge to learn along the way.
Technical Environment - 90% backend, 10% frontend
- We are using Java in the cloud, .net core 3.1 internally and python. .net core and python backends are all container based, so there are opportunities to cross train in other areas. Our platform development is in Groovy which is a Java
- It's a hybrid Environment (multiples layers to the application) Part is in cloud, part in-house
- Back-end development languages are: Groovy and .net
- IDE - IntelliJ
- Database- SQL server
- Webservices - REST mostly (sometimes on top of SOAP)
- Containers - Docker, Kubernetes
- Everything built ends up in a docker container. The client leverages an internal Kubernetes cluster
- Cloud based Front end (Full Stack) in the cloud that runs on AWS. Their vendor (Temenos) takes care of the AWS, Infrastructure, ec2, load balancing.
- Middleware Layer - .net core, they receive data real time from groovy, into .net core to do orchestration. Also have Ancillary programs to process inbound files (python).
- **Ability to cross train into other domains (.net and python)
- 2 Week Sprints, Daily stand-Ups
- Co-develop with third-party contractor company (McRae)
- Team - Internal Developers on this project (2 Java, 1 Groovy, 2 .net core) including you
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at