The Fixed Income eTrading development team is responsible for delivering global electronic trading solutions for the Credit / EM / Rates businesses which includes derivatives and bond trading. The Global Head of FI eTrading IT is in London, UK where the Global Heads of the Fixed Income business are headquartered.
A Day in the Life of a Senior DevOps Java Developer include the following: We are looking for a talented Senior DevOps Java Developer. The team is responsible for designing, developing, testing and supporting the next generation of FX Cash and Options business systems.. Principle Accountabilities:
- Provide consultation and assistance to Corporate and Business organizations in the preparation of project plans as assigned.
- Controls critical cross-functional projects, related project risk and resulting impact on business and strategic plans. May function as Corporate-wide project manager for select projects. Defines and delivers global and strategic technical projects.
- Provide computer program and system development and technical support, implement complex technical strategies, and correct problems of a highly complex, critical nature. Initiate analysis for complex problems and issues, determine technical alternatives, analyze vendor solutions and negotiate contracts, and develop appropriate standards for technology application.
- Provide technical leadership and consultation to project team members as directed by the project manager. Initiate and conduct feasibility studies of new and modified operational procedures. For large systems, prepare cost/benefit analyses, functional and detail specifications. Provide direct guidance in planning, designing, programming, documentation and implementation of the systems. Perform reviews of new and existing systems to ensure operational integrity and accomplishment of stated objectives. Design, code, test, debug and document programs as required.
- Assist in the management of the partnership with the business unit.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the client's brand.
- Define project objectives and prepares project plans as assigned continuing to utilize technical expertise. Provides analysis and solutions to technical and business issues. Understand and apply technology and Corporate vision setting direction on implementation. Maintain awareness of business and technology strategies and implements technical alternatives and strategies to gain competitive advantage. Manage vendor relationships, and maintains the complex technical infrastructure of assigned area to meet business requirements.
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications:
- Can demonstrate outstanding Java 8 skills (Concurrency, data structures, lock-free, wait free code, low latency)
- Experience with REST and messaging technologies
- Experience in enterprise security.
- Experience in Clojure is a plus.
- MDX / OLAP / Active Pivot skills is a plus.
- Experience working in a DevOps focused environment
- Experience of working in an Agile Team.
- Highly collaborative and driven by successful product delivery as well as their own personal goals.
- Can demonstrate continuous attention to technical excellence and good design principles.
- Strong understanding and experience of profiling and performance tuning Java software.
- Able to undertake and complete technical challenges outside of comfort zone, sometimes with minimal direction.
- TDD, Continuous Integration, jUnit, mockito, continuous deployment and testing
- Interest and experience in a wide range of technologies and best practices surrounding core Java developments.
- Understanding of structure and mechanics of FX products.
- Demonstrates a passion for software development outside of work through involvement in opensource, working groups etc