Blackwatch International Corporation (Blackwatch), a small business founded in 2010, provides world-wide mission critical services to the Defense, Intelligence and Law Enforcement communities. We're headquartered in McLean, VA with satellite offices located in Carmichael, CA and O'Fallon, Ill. Additional work locations include: Europe and the Middle East.
Position Title: Java Developer
Position location(s): Washington, DC or Remote
Position Type: Full-Time
Education: Bachelor's or master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology, or a related field
Years of Experience: 5-10 years of experience as a software engineer/architect
Minimum Security Clearance Requirement: Active Public Trust clearance is required
Blackwatch is looking for a Java Developer to work collaboratively with other contractors and federal staff at the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB) to design, develop, and implement web-based Java applications to support business requirements and achieve high levels of quality and end-user satisfaction. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Follows approved life cycle methodologies, creates design documents, and performs program coding and testing.
• Resolves technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation.
• Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures.
• Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Performs a variety of tasks.
• Provides leadership and expertise in extremely complex internal systems, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology.
• Participates in the full development life cycle including requirements analysis & documentation, design, development, testing and deployment of Java-based applications and web sites. Assists in creation and execution of project plans.
• Participates in code reviews to ensure applications support existing architecture and follows the defined framework guidelines and coding standards.
• Develops creative solutions and functional prototypes to demonstrate proof of concepts and to enable rapid confirmation of design ideas.
• Participates as a lead developer in the creation of IT solutions.
• Provides coverage and support of production application systems.
• Competent to work at the highest technical level in selected disciplines of IT architecture.
• Mentors other developers.
• Utilizes and maintains technical and applications expertise, including the use of technologies, tools, programming standards, established processes and concepts necessary to develop quality IT solutions.
• Evaluates and implements emerging tools and techniques to optimize the IT development process.
• Develops organizational product roadmap, architecture artifacts and delivery strategy for engineering solutions to transform client organizations.
• Effectively liaison between client and corporate stakeholders including managers, software engineers, quality assurance and other technical resources.
• Bachelor's or master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology, or a related field.
• 5-10 years of experience as a software engineer/architect
• Oracle Java Developer Certification
• Oracle Java Enterprise Architect Certification
• Scrum Master Certification
• Demonstrated expertise architecting J2EE Web applications and Web Services. Must have extensive experience with WebLogic, J2EE, Eclipse, Struts, Swing, JSPs, Servlets, EJB 3.0, JDBC, SOA, XML, XSL and Hibernate.
• Experience architecting and designing enterprise-level Java applications for Linux servers and Oracle databases is required. Aware of and experienced with latest technology research in key focus areas to ensure the feasibility of technical execution.
• Expertise in designing and building multi-threaded, transactional and distributed systems. Must be experienced in the implementation of application frameworks.
• Good working knowledge of software configuration management and continuous integration principles through the use of tools such as Git, SubVersion, Jenkins, etc.
• Experience with Agile software development teams and knowledge of the software development lifecycle in a large enterprise environment.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Self-directed and motivated with the ability to embrace, support and execute organizational change.
• Must also be able to evangelize technical vision throughout the technical team.
• Must present a professional manner and be comfortable briefing the Chief Information Officer (CIO) and Assistant CIOs on recommendations and solutions.
• Must be a Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply. or a US Lawful Permanent Resident (Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.)
• Must have an active Public Trust clearance
Blackwatch International Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristics protected by law. We are an eVerify participating employer.