By Light is hiring a Java Developer to join our integrated team of analysts, developers, and testers supporting a DOD customer. The team uses an Agile methodology with short iterations and frequent releases. The Java Developer will develop and enhance the application in an enterprise environment. Areas of development include system to system interfaces, scalability issues involving load and capacity, usability and accessibility upgrades, feature improvements, and refactoring.
By Light provides a broad range of hardware, software, engineering, and IT integration services. Headquartered in Arlington, VA, we support defense, civilian, commercial, and health IT customers worldwide. We offer an excellent benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, 401(k), and profit sharing.
* Responsibilities include daily interaction with team members as well as the client to gather/document requirements, develop Java/Java EE based code, and test that code.
* BS in Computer Science or equivalent degree with applicable work experience.
* J2EE, SQL, XML, and JUnit.
* Strong communication (verbal and written) skills required.
* PrimeFaces and JMS experience is a plus.
Special Requirements/Security Clearance
* Ability to obtain DOD Secret clearance. Candidate will be submitted for clearance.
An Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Department: Information Technology