ByteCubed, a cutting-edge technology firm, is seeking a Java Developer to join our rapidly growing technology company that believes small empowered teams of talented professionals can make an impactful change. This position is located at our Corporate HQ’s in Arlington (Crystal City), VA!
The ideal candidate will be an energetic, dynamic and experienced Software Engineer that’s looking to work with cutting-edge technologies. This Software Engineer will be working in a dynamic team environment building and maintaining web-based applications using Java and Spring. Due to the nature of the work we provide to the Department of Defense (DoD), US Citizenship is required.
Responsibilities included, but not limited to:
- Participate in product delivery through the entire SDLC of analysis, design, coding, testing, implementation and support.
- Implement all aspects of application design – high-performance design, coding, caching mechanisms, security, encryption, state management, error logging, debugging, scalability, code reviews, environment configuration, and testing.
- Produce well designed, testable and efficient code.
- Work with QA engineers to develop testing protocol to identify and correct defects.
- Implement and help to establish best-practice development standards.
- Bring high energy, confidence, and ambition to work everyday.
- Consistent performance at the highest levels in a dynamic and fast paced team
- 3+ years of experience with Java and web development frameworks.
- 3+ years of experience with implementation of large enterprise systems or distributed computing environment.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming (OOP) and software engineering fundamentals.
- Experience with RESTful and SOAP-based Web Services.
- Knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies such as JPA.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience working in agile/scrum programming environment.
- Familiarity with other programming languages.
- Related experience consulting.
- Experience with TDD/BDD.
- Continuous Integration experience with Git and build server software (Jenkins/Hudson/Bamboo).
- Well versed in DevOps principles and practices.
- Technical and/or Project team leadership.
- Knowledge of NoSQL data stores and big data tools such as Spark and Storm.
Education / Certification
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Must be a US Citizen w/the ability to obtain a clearance