Java Microservices Developer
Remote till COVID-19
• Bachelor's degree in computer science/engineering or related field, or equivalent combination of education and recent, relevant work experience
• 2+ years of software development utilizing industry standard design patterns in common languages such as Java. Demonstrated experience with test-driven development techniques (TDD, Junit, mocks).
• Familiarity with 12-factor microservice development patterns
• Familiarity with multiple interface patterns including RESTful APIs or event-based messaging
• Applied experience with Unix/Linux shell scripting
• Applied experience with iterative and incremental development on product-focused teams practicing code reviews
• Knowledge of version control systems (Git, Bitbucket) and modern version control for use in continuous deployments
• Competency writing basic SQL queries. Oracle and/or Postgres experience a plus. NoSQL experience with Cassandra a plus.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to effectively communicate and translate feedback, needs and solutions
• Strong teamwork focus and the ability to foster collaboration within and across teams Preferred Qualifications:
• Experience developing 12-factor microservices while utilizing Continuous Integration, Build, and Delivery w/Spring, Spring Boot
• Experience building and maintaining highly automated CI and CD pipelines leveraging technologies such as Azure DevOps Server (formerly TFS), Jenkins, Maven, Artifactory, Black Duck, Chef, SonarQube
• Experience in designing and implementing container technologies like Docker, Kubernetes and Helm
• Experience utilizing platform and infrastructure-as-a-service technologies and capabilities and their corresponding services (object store, configuration management, service registries, etc.). Pivotal Cloud Foundry experience strongly preferred.
• Experience with Big Data technologies and developing in Hadoop ecosystem, i.e. Hadoop, Hbase, Hive, Scala, SPARK, Sqoop, Flume, Kafka, Python
• Experience with the ELK stack and dashboarding within Kibana
• Experience supporting applications in Production