CGI is seeking a detail-oriented, results-driven full stack developer to support healthcare projects in Bloomfield, CT or Lafayette, LA. Successful candidates will demonstrate excellent technical analysis with a background on software development skills using Java / PLSQL programming languages and AWS integration, attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced development environment. Additionally, they will be expected to display strong functional analysis and have experience in finding quality technical solutions to business needs. Candidates must have a willingness to understand existing processes and systems, and possess strong interpersonal and communication skills. They should be able to make decisions quickly in consultation with team members and subject matter experts and be able to build relationships, actively participate in team work, and understand the dynamics and critical nature of the business. In unique this role, you will perform both business analysis and programming, as needed.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Understand the overall business and technical vision for projects, programs, or systems, keeping in mind cross-functional impacts, integration across the organization and architecture rationalization
• Proactively address technical issues and risks that could impact project schedule and/or budget
• Produce detailed system requirements specifications, data, and test plans, using standardized documentation methods.
• Work closely with stakeholders to design and document automation solutions that align with the business needs and also consistent with the architectural vision
• Provide development and testing support, and follow implementation of standards and best practices in alignment with our architecture patterns
• Lead change by influencing and educating Business, IT and Sourcing partners
• Facilitate continuity between Sourcing Partners, other IT Groups and Enterprise Architecture
• Good analytical skills and ability to multitask is a plus
• Work across the organization to provide business process or design recommendations consistent with long term business and IT strategy
• Work closely with the architecture team and tech leads to ensure that the technical solution designs and implementation are consistent with the architectural vision
• Support and consult on disaster recovery and reverse demand planning and testing
• Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
• High level of independence but is also a team player Qualification:
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field 5 + years of programming/systems analysis Experience developing Java applications is a plus. At least 3+ years of SQL programming. Experience with Web Services is a plus. Good understanding of Object Oriented design and methodologies Demonstrate advanced business and technical acumen for applications Demonstrate skills in shaping and leading development of technical specifications Strong problem solving and analysis skills Demonstrated ability to complete tasks within established timelines Strong relationship building skills Exceptional Communication skills - written and verbal, detail oriented. Experience with Oracle Applications in a functional role supporting Financials, Insurance domain is a plus. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Web application design and J2EE architecture
• Object Orientated Design and Programming
• Java and JSP
• Design and implement system integrations using technologies like REST or SOAP
• Relational database design concept and SQL
• AWS cloud Integration experience.
• Worked in projects that use Agile methodology
Knowledge in Python with ETL
• Delivered high quality design documents or other project deliverables
-Knowledge and experience on working with logging tools like Splunk/Kibana
• Identify and fix application defects as reported by end users
Have Min 6 years of experience in Java applications
• Have good experience in Java JSF, Spring & Oracle PL/SQL
• Experience with AWS or any cloud integration work is an added advantage
• Quick learner and have experience in working with offshore team. Camel framework knowledge will be a plus
Skill Set Years of Experience Proficiency Level
5 or more
Bachelors DegreeBuild your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.Skills
- Communication (Oral/Written)