The developer is responsible for delivering high quality software components on time. These components form a suite of applications. These components typically have a significant set of requirements. The developer is an expert software development professional. The developer is expected to be thoroughly competent in the use of commercial software development processes and procedures. The developer must have expert and production level experience in software development and support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The developer must be an expert in the use of the Java programming language. Additional demonstrated skills with C++, Installshield, Windows services, Java Swing, and client/server architecture are very highly recommended.
- The developer must be expert in the use of relational databases and SQL development. Experience with any of the leading relational database solutions is applicable, e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, and SQL Server. The developer must have a good understanding of install and general maintenance issues.
- The developer should be proficient and familiar with security and encryption best practices.
- The developer should be proficient with unit testing and have an appreciation for Quality Assurance processes.
- The developer must have significant experience and knowledge of industry standard software development methodologies like Agile methodologies.
- The developer should be proficient with one or more of the Integrated Development Environments for Java development, such as Netbeans or Eclipse.
- The developer must be proficient in the use of build and source code control tools and processes like Subversion, Git and Mercurial.
- The developer must be able to analyze highly complex problems and to design, implement, and test appropriate solutions to those problems. The developer is expected to be able to contribute expert insight to problem analysis efforts, and to be able to successfully complete high-level design assignments.
- The developer must have a thorough understanding of Java design patterns.
- The developer must be able to construct, update, and maintain design diagrams and documents as required. A demonstrated understanding of UML and experience with modeling tools such as Sparx Enterprise Architect or Rational Rose is also a plus.
- The developer must be able to present technical information, concepts, and designs for consumption by managers and associates, including non-technical associates.
- The developer must have demonstrated the ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- The developer must be able to analyze the business aspect of the solutions and look at the big picture to understand the impact of decisions on the other systems.
- The developer must be able to mentor and train other junior developers.
- The developer must be comfortable doing product demonstrations or presenting ideas to senior management from time to time.
NO THIRD PARTIES, NO SUB-CONTRACTORS, NO CORP to CORP
Data Resource Technologies Inc. is an Information Technology Staffing Firm serving the markets of the United States of America; the greatest country in the world. We work with Direct Clients Only and do not participate in multi layer contracts. Earn The Most Possible and put over 60 years of Information Technology Industry experience to work for you today, Call or Apply NOW!!!