FosterThomas, Inc. is a leading FosterThomas, HR Consulting and Talent Acquisition Firm. We are seeking an Application Java Developer to assist our client in their Alexandria, VA location.
As an Application Developer, you will be responsible for building scalable Mircroservices using latest Open Source technologies.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- 0-3 years of experience in complete software development lifecycle using Agile methodologies
- 1+ year of Java or Scala development experience
- 1+ years of experience with Relational Database Systems and SQL
- Must be Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply. with the ability to pass government background investigation
Additional Preferred Requirements:
- Knowledge of UNIX/Linux and shell scripting
- Knowledge of RESTful web services Experience with code development, deployment, versioning, and build tools (e.g. Eclipse, Git, Gradle, Maven, Jenkins)
- Knowledge of Microservices architecture
- Knowledge of with Spring (Spring Core, Spring Boot, Spring Data, Spring REST etc.); Knowledge of Swagger
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS EC2, RDS, S3, VPC)
- Knowledge of containerized applications using Docker, Openshift
- Knowledge of any of the following technologies:
- Hadoop eco system, including HDFS, YARN, Cassandra, Hive, Pig, and Spark
- Batch-oriented and streaming distributed processing methods such as Spark, Kafka, or Storm
- Distributed NoSQL/Key-Value stores such as HBase, Accumulo, Cassandra, or DynamoDB
- Distributed search engines like Elasticsearch or Solr
- Bachelor s or Master s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Customs and Border Protection Background Investigation (BI) desired
EEO Statement: FosterThomas is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal employment opportunities in recruitment, hiring, promotion, training, compensation and disciplinary action with regard to the terms and conditions of employment. FosterThomas does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, color, age, sex, disability, marital status, gender identity genetic information, sexual orientation, or sex, including pregnancy and childbirth, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.