GCR Inc. is a leading software development company that serves public sector clients through aviation, government, energy technologies, real estate, community planning and recovery services.
We are growing and have an immediate need for Java Developers to join our team in our Fairfax, VA office.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Must be self-motivated and results-oriented
- Proven track record of successful cross-team/group collaboration to drive necessary processes and ensure product reliability/stability
- Strong technical & process development skills, with a clear ability/desire to go deep technically when needed
- Experience working with remote teams preferred, but not required
- Experience with the full software lifecycle covering requirements, design, development, unit testing, and delivery of custom software
- Experience modifying existing functionality and adding new functionality in a large, complex, production system environment
- Experience working on an agile team in an automated CI/CD environment
- Expert experience with full stack Java/JEE development
- Extensive experience with Spring Framework development, including Spring Boot
- Experience with MVC frameworks (e.g. Spring MVC, Struts, etc.), JSP/JSTL
- Experience with designing and developing REST orientated APIs with JSON
- Basic experience with Web Accessibility standards (WCAG, Section 508, etc.)
- Expert skills with SQL and experience with stored procedures/functions
- Demonstrated experience with complex database structures and data modeling
- Experience with RDBMS (PostgreSQL/MySQL/Oracle), Java DB persistence (e.g. JDBC, ORM, JPA/Hibernate)
- Extensive experience with version control tools (Git, SVN, etc.)
- Extensive experience with automated unit, integration, and End-to-End testing (e.g. jUnit, DBUnit, mock objects, Selenium, etc.)
- Knowledge of report writing tools such (e.g. JasperReports, Tableau, BIRT, etc) a plus
- 5+ years- experience in software development
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience with workflow and BPM tools (e.g. Camunda, Activiti, jBPM, Spring State Machine, etc.)
- Experience with design, development, and basic administration of SaaS multi-tenant and Cloud based applications
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) services, administration, and development
- Basic system administration experience (e.g. setup/configure web servers, Jenkins, Tomcat, AWS services, etc.) a plus
- No-SQL and/or Key-Value database experience (e.g. MongoDB, Redis)
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or its equivalent.
GCR Inc. offers our employees a competitive compensation package. Among the benefits are paid time off, paid holidays, company matching 401(k), health and dental plans, company paid short term disability and life insurance.
GCR Inc.'s corporate headquarters are in New Orleans, Louisiana with additional offices in Covington, LA., Baton Rouge, LA, Windsor, CT and Indianapolis, IN. GCR Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GCR Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. GCR Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of GCR Inc.'s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
The hiring department will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job application submitted prior to such interview shall inquire into an applicant's criminal history. If this position is subject to a background check for any convictions related to its responsibilities and requirements, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify a candidate. #DICE