Your Opportunity We believe that
, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven
by our purpose to champion every client's goals with passion and integrity. We respect
and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge
conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of 'own your tomorrow' every day. We champion
our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire
optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future. Our Opportunity:
This position is for a software applications engineer position responsible for implementing innovative solutions that support our business within our Java application integration infrastructure. The Sales and Service Technology is a forward leaning development organization that leverages agile methodologies. The position will be responsible for design, implementation, testing, and support of assigned application components within the Sales and Service Technology portfolio. This position will interact with business stakeholders and technology counterparts across many areas within Schwab. What you are good at
Work with agile team members. Provide creative solutions via the application of technology in a highly dynamic environment. Implement software to meet functional requirements as well as being robust, fault tolerant, and 24x7x365 available. Provide expertise in web based, distributed, and cloud based computing application development. What you have
What you'll get:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- 1 - 2 years' experience working with distributed applications across the full development and operational support life cycle
- Experience with Java application development, SpringBoot and Core Java
- Understanding of HTTP and RESTful services, relational and non-relational data stores, and Java development/build tools (such as Jira, IntelliJ , Git, Gradle, and Bamboo)
- Experience with PCF and or other Cloud Offerings
- Experience with MS SQL Server is a plus
- Knowledge of design patterns
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams, working collaboratively across team boundaries
- Demonstrated ability to work alone or in a group while multi-tasking on different projects
- Working knowledge of the Agile/Scrum development methodology a plus
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab .
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. All applications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status (disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans), or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home-today and in the future. Explore further .
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281 .
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.