OVERVIEWThe CompanyCommon Securitization Solutions
(CSS) is seeking an experienced Java Developer III to join our team of talented professionals in Bethesda, Maryland.
Established in 2014, CSS is a Joint Venture between Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae. We were established to develop and operate the Common Securitization Platform (CSP), to be utilized specifically by the Government -Sponsored Enterprises (GSEs), but architected in a manner adaptable for use by other participants in the secondary housing finance market.
The CSP is closely linked to FHFA's Single Security or Uniform Mortgage Backed Security (UMBS) initiative. FHFA believes the transition to the new UMBS will lead to a more efficient, resilient, and liquid secondary mortgage market.
CSS, acting as an agent for both Enterprises, issues the UMBS, tracks performance of the UMBS, calculates monthly bond payments, generates security disclosure information for investor consumption and handles security tax reports and IRS filings. CSS performs similar functions for each Enterprise's legacy securities. CSS is supporting monthly issuance of $100-150 Billion of UMBS and manages bond administration on over 1 million securities with an underlying unpaid principal balance of approximately $4.7 trillion.
CSS is based in Bethesda, MD and has a growing presence in Pasadena, CA. CSS has a talented and dedicated team of securities operations professionals and a best in class information technology organization that jointly run the largest security management platform in the United States. The CSP was developed on state-of-the-art cloud technologies and will continue to leverage these technologies to innovate the platform.RESPONSIBILITIESJob Information
Develop, modify, or update applications used by business units or infrastructure units. Lead, or play lead technical role in development teams' efforts to determine unit needs and business processes that are automated by the application. Participate in or review all of the steps in the software development life cycle to create and modify the software.Key Job Functions
- Participate with team of technical staff and business managers or practitioners in the business unit to determine systems requirements and functionalities needed in large/complex development project.
- Assess and develop high level design requirements for project and communicate in writing or in meetings with development team. Assess detailed specifications against design requirements.
- Write and review code done to advance application upgrade, extension, or other development. Analyze application for data integrity issues.
- May mentor less experienced technical staff; may use high end development tools to assist or facilitate development process.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, mathematics, or engineering discipline.
Specialized Knowledge & Skills
- Minimum 6 years of related experience.
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the US without requiring employer sponsorship currently or in the future. CSS does not offer H-1B sponsorship for this position.
- Experience with full lifecycle of project development for Java Applications in Agile environment.
- Strong skills in core Java, server side Java technologies, and Spring frameworks.
- Extensive experience in messaging middleware including EMS/JMS and application servers.
- Extensive knowledge of event processing models, multi-threading, enterprise integration pattern, Web Service and REST.
- Extensive experience in software design, architecture, development and integration.
- Familiarity with Cukes, Maven, JAXB, Hibernate
As a condition of employment with Common Securitization Solutions, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Common Securitization Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer.