The Intelligent Assistant is an AI powered conversational scalable platform designed to serve multiple channels for Schwab customers. Our software engineers are hands-on developers who excel in a dynamic, fast-moving, and agile environment. We are passionate about developing high quality, high performance, and scalable software.
We are seeking an entrepreneurial and passionate Java Developer for Conversational platform technology. This leader is responsible for developing and maintaining artificial intelligence and machine learning offerings to improve the client experience across channels including, mobile, web, smart speakers etc. This role can expect to tackle exciting challenges like leveraging new and emerging technologies to deliver best in class experiences to clients while ensuring platform resiliency and stability.
Sound like a team you'd like to be a part of? Let's connect! We have opportunities for full stack, front-end-focused, and back-end focused engineers. What you are good at
What you have
- Collaborate with product owners and business stakeholders to define strategy and scope of software requirements (decompose stories, design features, and prioritize tasks)
- Deliver new concepts and features, working alongside development peers in an agile environment
- Serve as an informal leader: leading code reviews and mentoring junior team members
- Partner with scrum master and product owner to provide development sizing & cost analysis estimates
- Utilize automated software test tools and frameworks such as test driven development to achieve the highest quality in software delivery
- Support integration efforts to build whole systems from various subsystems
- Identify technology risks early and establish mitigation plans
- Advanced technical skills:
- Bachelors' degree in Computer Engineering OR related degree and/or equivalent practical experience
- Advanced Java web and service development skills, typically built through 3-4+ years of applicable experience developing in Java/Spring
- Professional experience developing responsive designs and single page applications
- Experience tuning and maximizing performance for high volume pages
- Experience participating as a member of a scrum team in an agile environment
- Ability to troubleshoot environmental issues
- Advanced people skills:
- Ability to conceptualize the best tactical approach for a team to deliver a project
- Demonstrated ability and interest in coaching and mentoring other engineers
- Ability to lead application and platform architecture design sessions
- Ability to effectively communicate complex architecture designs to both technical and nontechnical audiences
- Effective relationship builder: ability to partner cross-functionally, cross-enterprise and work effectively with various levels of the organization
- Preferred Technical Qualifications:
- Cloud Native Development experience, Google Cloud Platform is IA's cloud solution of choice
- Multi-language experience in Java, Python, Ruby, Google Cloud Platform Cloud SQL, etc.
- Experience developing/managing REST, OpenAPI and SOAP-based Web Service API(s) in a transaction processing environment
- Experience with distributed multi-tier applications, WMI, NoSQL databases, MongoDB and/or SQL is preferred
- Familiarity with chatbot development and NLPs engines like Dialogflow, LUIS, Comprehend or AutoML.
At Schwab, the Software Developer career path begins with Software Developer I. From there the growth path leads to Software Developer II, III, IV and Senior. Senior developers have two career growth opportunities which include technical leadership or solution architecture roles.
Learn more about Life@Schwab .
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home-today and in the future. Explore further .
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at or call .
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.