Your OpportunityWe believe that
, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven
by our purpose to champion every client's goals with passion and integrity. We respect
and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge
conventions strategically to bring value to our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of 'own your tomorrow' every day. We champion
our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire
optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for hardworking, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
This is a role that will include development as well as production support responsibilities specific to the business area of middle office trading. Will work closely with a team of other developers based around agile methodology. Strong core java and SQL is required for this role.Our Culture:
Through Clients' Eyes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qkic76FWat8
Workplace Flexibility Program: We're proud to support our employees in a working approach that allows you to bring your best self to work - whether that's in the office or remote.
- When the firm is ready to fully return to the office, employees will have the flexibility of a hybrid work environment, spending some time working remote and some time in the office.
- Employees and managers can discuss and decide what works best for them, with additional flexibility available based on their role, business needs, and individual circumstances.
*Subject to change as Schwab is continually evaluating the current environment in order to best care for the safety and well-being of our employees. What you are good at
What you have
- Implement complex solutions to all known/documented production incidents
- Define and implement new solutions for unknown production incidents of low to moderate complexity
- Interface with L1 and L2 support groups, providing assistance and guidance as required
- Fulfill ad-hoc requests from business partners for system/database updates or queries to support company operations
- Provide off-hours support on a rotational basis
- Level 3 Application Support Analysis
- Analyze application code logic to determine root causes of production incidents
- Define and document software requirement changes necessary to fix root causes of production incidents
- Business Application Development
- Implement low to moderate complexity code changes that resolve root causes of incidents or enhance operational characteristics (resilience, scalability, etc.) to applications that support business operations and client activity.
- Internal Application Development & Support
- Install, maintain, and customize vendor built software that is utilized by development and support teams.
- Level 3 Production Support
- Design and develop in-house built applications and tools that streamline development and support processes.
- Object Oriented Development principles
- Java (using Spring)
- SQL (preferably Oracle)
- Working in a Linux environment
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Why work for us?
- Linux scripting
- Agile / DevOps principles and tools
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home-today and in the future. Explore further .
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at or call .
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.