2+ years of software development utilizing industry standard design patterns in common languages such as Java. Demonstrated experience with test-driven development techniques (TDD, Junit, mocks).
• Familiarity with 12-factor microservice development patterns
• Familiarity with multiple interface patterns including RESTful APIs or event-based messaging
• Applied experience with Unix/Linux shell scripting
• Applied experience with iterative and incremental development on product-focused teams practicing code reviews
• Knowledge of version control systems (Git, Bitbucket) and modern version control for use in continuous deployments
• Competency writing basic SQL queries. Oracle and/or Postgres experience a plus. NoSQL experience with Cassandra a plus.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to effectively communicate and translate feedback, needs and solutions
Strong teamwork focus and the ability to foster collaboration within and across teams
• Experience developing 12-factor microservices while utilizing Continuous Integration, Build, and Delivery w/Spring, Spring Boot
• Experience building and maintaining highly automated CI and CD pipelines leveraging technologies such as Azure DevOps Server (formerly TFS), Jenkins, Maven, Artifactory, Black Duck, Chef, SonarQube
• Experience in designing and implementing container technologies like Docker, Kubernetes and Helm
• Experience utilizing platform and infrastructure-as-a-service technologies and capabilities and their corresponding services (object store, configuration management, service registries, etc.). Pivotal Cloud Foundry experience strongly preferred.
• Experience with Big Data technologies and developing in Hadoop ecosystem, i.e. Hadoop, Hbase, Hive, Scala, SPARK, Sqoop, Flume, Kafka, Python
• Experience with the ELK stack and dashboarding within Kibana
Experience supporting applications in Production
• Experience in large scale data integration implementations
• Strong problem solver with ability to evaluate a challenge and understand solution patterns
• Experience in data aggregation and manipulation of large data sets.
• Knowledge of data quality, data cleansing, data wrangling, and data standards.
• Experience with industry leading large-scale data platforms (i.e. Hadoop, Greenplum, Oracle)
• Experience with open source languages and architectures including Python, Spark, Scala, Kubernetes and Docker
• Ability to rapidly learn innovative technologies and apply to solving business problems
• Experience with writing performant query language
• Experience with DataStage and ETL patterns
• Experience with optimization and performance tuning
• Experience building re-usable data integration frameworks and patterns
• Knowledge of database modeling and data structure principles, techniques and best practices.
• Demonstrated knowledge in multiple software development disciplines (i.e. Agile, Scrum, SDLC)
• In-depth understanding of good architecture and design patterns, programming practices, development standards and QA/testing processes
• Experience negotiating scope, timing, and resource needs in planning initiatives