NEW POSITION!! Send in your resume along with salary expectation, availability, and contact information ASAP. Company Profile
Kyra Solutions, Inc.is a premier Information Technology Consulting Organization established in 1997 and headquartered in Lakeland, Florida. Kyra is a prime vendor of the State of Florida and provides high quality IT Consulting Services to its clients. Kyra has been in the IT Industry for 17 years and has been serving the IT Public Sector within the State of Florida for the past 12 years. The company has won numerous awards for its aggressive growth and quality of project execution; which include :
- Florida's Best Companies To Work For Two years in a row
- State's Diversity Business of the Year
- America's Fastest Growing Private Companies - Inc. 5000
- Tampa Bay Fast 50
Job Title: Java Developer in Tallahassee, FL Duration: Full Time
Required Task to be performed:
- Meet with users to analyze and evaluate system requirements.
- Create functional and technical specifications, including E/R diagrams.
- Perform database design, producing physical schema diagrams.
- Program the application.
- Participate in and provide in-house user testing and training.
- Convert data from existing databases when applicable and documents, implements and maintains applications.
- Coordinate and provide consulting services for information systems development.
- Provide policy, procedure, and application-specific information to other developers.
- Consult with administrators to propose solutions to information systems problems.
- Participate in the development of standards and in-house training materials for other program staff.
- Provide mentoring and guidance to junior staff.
- Perform technology and architecture upgrades to ensure the stability of applications in portfolio.
- Learn new skills, technologies, and languages to support application portfolio.
- Work closely with customers, users, and team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities :
- 5+ years’ experience in Java Frameworks such as Struts/Tiles, Struts 2, Servlets/JSP, JPA/Hibernate.
- 5+ years’ experience in XML, HTML and CSS.
- 2+ years’ experience with Oracle PL/SQL.
- Experience using Subversion, ContinuumMaven 2.
- Knowledge of relational and object-oriented database designs.
- Knowledge of object-oriented design methodologies.
- Knowledge of Information Systems Development Methodology (ISDM).
- Knowledge of database security, including role-based security.
- Knowledge and experience with Unified Modeling Language (UML).
- Ability to be creative, to use sound judgment, and to display foresight to identify potential problems and design/specifications and assigned application software systems.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to effectively, efficiently, and proactively solve problems and manage issues.
- Ability to be creative, to use sound judgment, and to display foresight to identify potential problems.
- Strong deadline and task management skills.
- Sound discretionary judgment skills.
- Ability to determine work priorities and ensure proper completion of work assignments.
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently, both verbally.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities :
- Experience using Git and Jenkins.
- Familiarity with Agile Development practices, specifically Scrum and Kanban.
- Familiarity with environmental regulatory business processes and practices.
Kyra recruiters, know the industry landscape and our clients’ needs well. We also understand you want not only a high wage position, but long-term growth potential. Our employees have over a 93% renewal rate while employed with us. We work hard to not only keep you working, but growing with more challenging issues in need of innovative solutions.
If you are interested in this position or in working for Kyra in the future, please send us your resume with salary expectation, availability, and contact information. We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Background / References
Verifiable Professional References will be required along with the resume, however references will be checked/contacted after the interview and before the project starts. Background check (for past 10 years) will be done on the selected candidate for Employment, Criminal (State & Federal), Education, and others as mandated by the client. Please make sure your resume and all other information provided are accurate. Any misrepresentation will mean permanent disqualification by the client. Equal employment opportunity employer.