Vice President of Engineering
Kansas City, MO
Who you are:
To qualify for this role, you have extensive experience developing scalable and performant web applications and services that power these websites with progressive experience as a leader. You have designed, built and maintained high volume consumer facing web applications and have a firm grasp of cloud services and APIs.
What you will do:
- Work closely with the offshore/Geo-dispersed development team and leadership to deliver business value in an agile environment.
- Provide technical thought leadership in development tools and techniques; articulate ideas and ROI to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Based on agreed overall architecture, define coding standards for the development team and ensure adherence to these standards.
- Provide detailed code reviews and assess overall code quality and flexibility.
- Optimize the overall software development process making improvements where necessary to drive increased productivity and quality.
- Work with Product and Marketing teams to understand requirements and produce technical designs and estimates for software projects.
- Provide input to overall hiring strategy for client development and participate in recruitment process for client technical staff. Interview third party technical resources where appropriate.
- Establish strong working relationships with technical teams working alongside a variety of technical resources: developers, test analysts, network engineers, DBAs etc.
- Operate at both a strategic and tactical level, using hands-on technical skills when required.
- Establish strong relationships with peers in other parts of client. Leverage these relationships to share knowledge and experience, and ensure that the client s technology strategy, experience and commercial agreements are considered in the Community Customer architecture.
- Assist in analysis and resolution of complex production support issues.
Preferred Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A minimum of 5+ years experience working in a web application e-commerce environment, including development and support of high-availability transactional websites.
- Deep technical competency in designing high-performance, high-scalability, n-tier architectures.
- Solid experience with AWS.
- Experience working with agile development methodologies (Scrum).
- Familiar with standard design patterns applicable to enterprise software.
- High awareness of both established and emerging technologies relevant to high-volume websites.
- Broad knowledge of network technologies applicable to a secure, fault-tolerant production website.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to troubleshoot complex issues.
- Experience with Atlassian Product Set