5+ years experience in Java Applications
Development Experience in the following required -
- Subversion and/or Git,
- Web Logic,
- Oracle and/or SQL Server,
- C, and C#
Experience in the following desired
- UI Component libraries,
Other experiences and qualities desired include:
- Demonstrated competency in verbal and written communications and interpersonal understanding.
- Demonstrated ability to seek out and understand customers' issues business needs
- Demonstrated ability to handle deadlines and pressures
- Demonstrated competency in identifying and solving problems
- Demonstrated ability in the utilization of multiple tools to solve problems
- Experience in the adaptation to and the application of rapidly changing technology to business needs
- Demonstrated ability to perform as technical expert in field
- Ability to work independently
- Achievement orientation
- Concern for quality
- Education Bachelors preferred Discipline Business, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics
- Support critical business functions through the development, implementation, and maintenance of applications and systems;
- Contribute software development expertise to projects and ensure that specifications are met;
- Design, code, test, debug, maintain, and document software applications;
- Follow established software development standards and procedures and contribute towards their improvement;
- Develop complex application features and create technical designs;
- Participate in peer code and design reviews;
- Review and analyze complex programming specifications to resolve issues.
- Prepare technical standards, provide technical advice and guidance, and collaborate with other programmers to conceptualize and develop design.
- Conduct thorough problem analysis, document findings, and propose creative solutions.
- Works fairly independently, this role formulates and defines system scope and objectives. Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex projects, and often multiple phases of a project. Prepares detailed specifications from which programs will be written. Incumbents are competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of applications systems analysis and programming activities. Guides and advises less experienced Programmer Analysts. Monitored on project's progress and results. Errors may cause delay, expense and disruption. Perform other duties as requested or assigned. Provides assistance, advice, and solutions to peers, customers, and co-workers identifies and implements better work alternatives and business processes.
Location = Richmond VA (downtown - no parking provided)
Rate = $57 - $62/hr on a contract
Length = 1+ Year - Possible on-going/long term for the right candidate