Title: Java Developer
Location: Oaks, PA
Duration: Long Term
The IMS Documents and Workflow team provides collaboration, process, and content services for client and internal operations. The team has a challenging career opportunity for a senior level developer. This position requires a foundation of software development knowledge, and the ability to work in an Agile team environment. The candidate should be adaptable, possess a wide range of technical skills, and demonstrate the ability to understand financial services business requirements. The candidate should be a strong utility type programmer with the ability to switch context quickly and efficiently with project managers, database engineers, technical operations and other platform personnel.
- Developing code based on reading and understanding business and functional requirements following the Agile process
- Producing high-quality code to meet all project deadlines and ensuring the functionality matches the requirements
- Analyzing and resolving issues found during the testing or pre-production phases of the software delivery lifecycle; coordinating changes with project team leaders and cross-work team members
- Providing technical support to project team members and responding to inquiries regarding errors or questions about programs
- Interacts with architects, other tech leads, team members and project manager as required to address technical and schedule issues.
- Suggests and implements process improvements for estimating, development and testing processes.
- Regular and reliable attendance in accordance with position, business and/or client needs
- BS Degree in Computer Science or applicable programming area of study
- A minimum of 5 years prior work experience working with an application development organization; must demonstrate experience delivering systems and projects from inception through implementation
- Proficiency with software development processes including quality assurance, code management and Agile Development.
- Proficiency in Analysis, Design, Build, and Deployment of Java applications. Experience developing solutions within an Application Container; experience developing Java services; web services is a plus
- Experience with Database access methods and simple SQL constructs. Experience with ORM tools (Hibernate, JPA) is a plus
- Understand Asynchronous and Synchronous transactions and processing. Experience with JMS, MDBs, MQ is a plus
- Work experience with Linux/UNIX/Solaris/AIX; Java; Spring Boot
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong system/ technical analysis skills
- A minimum of 3 years work experience within Financial Services industry including banking, wealth management, investment management, asset data and investment processing.
- A minimum of 3 years work experience developing functionality within industry leading global securities processing, portfolio accounting, investment advisory, portfolio and investment management platforms.
- Self-motivation with an ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to develop a strong internal network across the platform
- Excellent collaboration, communications, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to think creatively and seek optimum solutions
- Ability to grasp loosely defined concepts and transform them into tangible results and key deliverables
- Very strong problem-solving skills
- Diagnostic skills with the ability to analyze technical, business and financial issues and options
- Ability to infer from previous examples, willingness to understand how an application is put together
- Action-oriented, with the ability to quickly deal with change
- Rest API/Microservices
- Spring Boot/Spring Reactor
- ELK Implementation
Nice To Have Technologies:
- BPM (jBPM, Camunda, Activiti)
- JIRA Customization and API Development
- Alfresco Customizations / AMPs / Webscripts
- SONAR Cube