Business Group Highlights Defense
The Defense group supports the Department of Defense (DoD) mission to keep our homeland and its citizens safe. We provide solutions to improve the Nation's defense by providing software, systems engineering, IT, training and logistics and fleet management solutions. Responsibilities
Responsible for the design, development, testing, documentation, and maintenance of software applications in a federal government personnel security product. Qualifications
- Minimum 7 years hands-on experience developing Java EE applications on Weblogic Application Server for highly available, 24x7, and scalable systems on Linux/Unix platforms.
- In-depth knowledge of Relational Database Management Systems including knowledge of data modeling concepts, ERD design and development
- Strong experience in developing enterprise Java solutions following standard/best practices including Object Oriented Analysis and Design and design patterns.
- Strong understanding and working knowledge on Software Development methodologies (Waterfall, Agile/Scrum)
- Demonstrated Analytical and Problem Solving skills
- Requires 7 years with BS/BA or 3 to 5 years with MS/MA or 0 to 2 years with PhD.
- Excellent communication abilities
- Hold current/active Public Trust clearance and CompTia Security+CE certification (in good standing)
- Excellent / strong programming skills in Java and Java EE.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS IN A COMBINATION OF THE FOLLOWING AREAS IS HIGHLY DESIRED:
About PerspectaWhat matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector-from investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to do just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.Perspecta is anAA/EEOEmployer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provisionPay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of the other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).