Our NYC Investment Banking client is looking for a Java Consultant with Regulatory Reporting development experience
to work in their Orders and Execution Services group, a multi-asset data warehouse system that serves as a books and records repository for Compliance & Supervision for Equities.
The system stores audit trail data from multiple order & execution management systems across US Equities, Listed Derivatives, Convertible Bonds and Treasuries. The platform combines various databases including financing, historical market & reference data to provide a normalized view across different asset classes / systems.
The role reports to the Lead Project Manager.PLEASE NOTE:
THE DAY-TO-DAY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Candidates should be local to the NYC Office.
- The client has moved to a hybrid work scenario - 2-3 days in the office.
THE SKILLS YOU NEED TO GET THE JOB:
- Use Java and SQL to develop Regulatory Reports
- Create/review of User Test Plans and help to coordinate User Acceptance Testing.
- Work with the key stakeholders (Compliance, Legal, Operations, Global Markets Business and IT) to ensure all requirements surrounding the end to end trade flow process are clearly understood and appropriate, clear solutions are designed, documented and implemented.
- Work with teams across the division (Business, Compliance, Supervision, IT, Operations) to on-board new business, design business flows (define schema), verify/validate solution.
- Help create customized reports for users: Business - reports for optimizing trading costs, Compliance / Supervision - various Regulatory reports, Operations - billing reports as well as working with IT to help develop/validate the reports.
- Define Test Cases, support testing activities to facilitate signoff prior to implementation for relevant work-streams.
- Detailed understanding and appropriate prioritization of issues and project requirements.
- Ability to develop customized Regulatory Reports for full end-to-end systems delivery lifecycle (SDLC) with an understanding of both technical and business requirements.
- Java and SQL development experience, Linux is desired.
- 2-5 years of Investment Banking/Capital Markets experience with Regulatory projects with aggressive timelines.
- Knowledge of Equity Cash business and reporting requirements with entire Trade Flow process (Fixed Income is a plus).
- Experience with testing and managing UAT.
- Experience with major change programs - either at an Investment Bank or Consulting firm, with a solid understanding of standard processes and flows, along with a good understanding of investment banking products.
- Ability to work with IT to provide detailed specifications with an understanding of project delivery methodologies and experience delivering technology solutions.
- Microsoft Office products, i.e., Word, Excel, Power Point, Project & Visio
- Excellent communication (verbal/ written) and organization skills.