Every day at Perspecta,we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation's mostimportant work. We're a company founded on a diverse set of capabilitiesand skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving ournation's most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts,developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to createinnovative solutions. We continually push ourselves-to respond, to adapt,to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop newand innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works withU.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, andstate and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in manyways-not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but theopportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects thatmatter.
Perspecta's talented androbust workforce-14,000 strong-stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let'smake an impact together.
Perspecta has an immediate need for a Senior Java Developer
- Current/Active - fully adjudicated DoD Secret (SSBI) or Top Secret clearance required to be considered
. Must hold Sec certification
in good standing
Location to be based local to DC Metro (Alexandria, VA, Herndon, VA, Chantilly, VA)
The successful candidatewill participate in a team environment supporting a U.S. Government contractthat provides personnel security management to DOD. The position involves thecreation of new applications as well as modifications to existing applications.KEYRESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for thedesign, development, testing, documentation, and maintenance of softwareapplications in a federal government personnel security product.
- Act as a developer onJasper reports and Web enabled J2EE type applications, gathering requirements,translating business requirements to technical solutions, estimating, coding,debugging, testing, research application/software problems and determining rootcauses, proposing and implementing solutions.
- Follows standards basedsoftware development/engineering processes and procedures, such as CMMI, anddelivers high quality components/products.
- Will also need toprovide clear and timely status to management as required.
Experience in one or more of the following:
- Java IDE, Eclipse is aplus;
- Jasper Report tool
- Enterprise class IDEtools, WebSphere Studio Application Developer is a plus;
- SCM tools, StarTeam is aplus;
- Data modeling tools,ERWin is a plus;
- Middleware/transportlayer, such as SOAP or Java RMI;
- Application servers,JBOSS or Red Hat EAP is a plus;
- Web servers, Sun JavaWeb Server 6.1 or higher is a plus;
- Web technologies andprotocols, such as, Web Services, WSDL, TCP/IP, FTP, HTTP, HTTPS
- Platforms, such asWindows XP, Unix (Sun Solaris is a plus).
- Familiarity withDepartment of Defense personnel security issues is a plus
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent in an engineering or computerfield
- Security Certification(in good standing) current/active preferred
- Five or more years of software development experience, includingexperience in all phases of the software development lifecycle.
- Strong enterprise design skills and experience in a Java basedenvironment, including web services.
- Ability to work in contractor's environment, occasionally.
- Use of Agile skills & methodology
- Must have experience developing and testing Java applications.
- Experience of performance tuning is a plus.
- Experience with relational databases, Web application development,and Web technologies are required.
- Knowledge of Object Oriented design principles, MVC concepts, anddata and object models are also required.