Recruiting for a Senior Java Developer (front end)
Senior Java Application Developer | Glenview IL
Permanent, Full Time Job | $120K + Bonus + Benefits
We would like some UI at least with HTML, jquery, and CSS. JSF is a PLUS. There is room for growth and eventually getting into architecture. One of the Directors there now moved his way up the ladder. The ideal candidate would also have both front end (UI) and backend(SQL/Spring) experience, but understand this is harder to find.
Job Description: We are seeking a Senior Java developer with strong technical and analytical skills for their internal sales system. The applicant must have solid experience leading a team to develop, implement, and maintain Java based components and interfaces. The position will allow the applicant the opportunity to grow using the latest technology and methodologies. The sales system being developed includes Order Entry and CRM functionality for a Fortune 500 company with locations in more than 50 countries.
- Direct involvement in all phases of application development.
- Work with business analysts to gather and understand user requirements.
- Design and develop user interfaces; set expectations and features priorities throughout development life cycle; determine design methodologies and tool sets.
- Integrate applications by designing database architecture and server scripting; studying and establishing connectivity with network systems, search engines, and information servers.
- Create technical specifications; code functional components; conduct code reviews.
- Develop and maintain native SQL stored procedures in DB2.
- Provide feedback for estimating and planning development iterations.
- Work with technical architects to ensure applications adhere to proposed architectural standards.
- Troubleshoot development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Update job knowledge by researching new internet/intranet technologies and software products; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Requires 24/7 support rotation for new and legacy Sales Systems.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in development of enterprise Java applications
- Experience with WebSphere, Spring 3.x, JUnit 4.x, Maven 3.x is a plus
- Strong knowledge of SQL and relational databases – ideally in DB2
- Highly motivated with good communications skills