The ideal candidate will have a background in full stack development using Java, and will be knowledgeable and passionate about their work.
Apart from your technical knowledge and curiosity, your interpersonal communication skills, and the ability to articulate and enunciate complex concepts will be other strong assets that will help you succeed in this position.
What will you do?
Support Development and DevOps in T&O
You will support the Engineering team in building out a suite of applications including customer facing UIs backed by a large, modern service framework. This includes:
- implementing business logic to create, maintain and enhance RESTful web-services, and to consume SOAP and REST web-services using Java and the Spring stack
- implement UIs using HTML5, CSS and modern JS frameworks
- contribute to architecting our microservice frameworks that can scale, are resilient, measurable and observable
- write unit tests, mocks, participate in code reviews
- participate in an agile delivery process, and as part of that help size stories and own, research and recommend new solutions
What do you need to bring?
Required EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Excellent skills and past work experience with
- Java in the Spring stack, including Spring Boot,
- RDBMS design principles and familiarity with MSSQL server, MYSQL or similar.
- Running SQL queries and interpreting results
- Unit testing with Junit and mocking frameworks like Mockito or EasyMock
- Building dynamic and responsive UIs using HTML5 and CSS, using at least 2 of the following frameworks
- Creating and consuming REST and SOAP webservices
- Working knowledge of CI/CD tools like Jenkins, deployment tools like UCD or Ansible
Nice to have
- Experience with JMS, queues, publishing to and subscribing from topics from RabbitMQ, Kafka
- Experience with web-servers, load balancers and firewalls.
- Knowledge of authentication, authorization of services via OAuth 2, authentication providers like PingFederate or Auth0, and SSO.
- Knowledge of public key encryption, code signing