Software Guidance & Assistance, Inc., (SGA), is searching for aJava Developer
for a CONTRACT
assignment with one of our premier Financial
clients in Raleigh, NC
- Market Data Server (MDS) is a key repository of market data in use across the Global markets. It is part of Core IT infrastructure and used across the client as a reference data system by Front Office , Risk and Operations , we need this position to implement strategic projects that will improve stability and performance of the MDS infrastructure.
- Work in an Agile development team, designing and implementing features on the Strategic architecture (Global Trade Store)
- Work with Product Owner (PO) to understand user stories and provide sound technical solutions. Understand dependencies and acceptance criteria.
- Participate in Sprint Planning, Refinement, delivery of stories and demonstration.
- Build software in conformance with coding standards, test creation and build process.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Gain the relevant subject matter expertise and act as point of contact in the region for functional and level 3 production support.
- Minimum 8+ years of experience in software development and liaising with Level 3 production support with significant experience of Java development for enterprise systems
- Proven design, modeling or architecture experience in delivering complex technical solutions with complex scalability and performance challenges
- Solid knowledge of Core Java and features of Java 8.
- Ability to model tables and write stored procedures in Sybase and Oracle.
- Working knowledge of Spring framework and JMS messaging (JMS with experience in MQ Series, Tibco EMSXML/XSLT)
- Significant experience of multi-threaded environments
- Demonstrates experience of using Design Patterns and Java best practices
- Unit testing frameworks (Junit, JMock, Mockito, Unitils)
- Experience of continuous integration (TeamCity, Maven, Jenkins)
- Experience batch job control (Contrl-M)
- JSON processing libraries
- Exposure to Mongo DB
- Experience in leading small to medium size teams
- Working knowledge of Fixed income, Equities and Listed instruments, Payments, trade booking and reconciliation process.
SGA is a Certified Women's Business Enterprise (WBE) celebrating over thirty years of service to our national client base for both permanent placement and consulting opportunities. For consulting positions, we offer a variety of benefit options including but not limited to health & dental insurance, paid vacation, timely payment via direct deposit. SGA accepts transfers of H1 sponsorship for most contracting roles. We are unable to sponsor for Right-to-Hire, Fulltime, or Government roles. All parties authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply for all roles. Only those authorized to work for government entities will be considered for government roles. Please inquire about our referral program if you would like to submit a candidate for any of our open or future job opportunities. SGA is an EEO employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status. To view all of our available job postings and/or to learn more about SGA please visit us online at www.sgainc.com