Software Guidance & Assistance, Inc., (SGA), is searching for aJava Developer
for a contract
assignment with one of our premier financial services clients in Tampa, FL
- Personal Wealth Management application team is responsible for designing, building and enhancing applications used to support Private Bank and Personal Wealth Management business.
- This role is for a hands-on senior Technical specialist to develop and support mission critical portfolio management & trading applications for the global 24x6 business.
- This is an excellent opportunity to work with top notch peers, make an architectural impact with key design decisions and leverage leading edge technologies & processes.
- Design, develop, test & support world class suit of applications and processes, sometimes under tight time constraints. Refactor legacy code for efficiency and enhance features.
- Communicate with the business partners, get involved in requirement gathering and understanding, project planning, monitoring and status reporting.
- Collaborate with peers on leveraging the global data strategy and drive Private bank-wide architecture initiatives for robust, scalable solutions.
- Provide technical direction, with innovative ideas and creative solutions
- Provide L3 support. Troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Comply with SDLC & contribute and follow Engineering Excellence processes
- Keep abreast of new developments in investment management domain and help make technology a competitive advantage
- Have 7+ years of relevant experience in Brokerage or investment technology.
- Strong Java/Scala, Websphere, Spring framework, mybatis and Linux is required.
- Strong RDBMS (Oracle / SqlServer) skills required, with expertise in large data sets
- Expertise in OOAD and design Patterns.
- Able to work independently as well as in a team. Have good communication skills.
- Some knowledge of C# preferred
- Knowledge of Gemfire, Kafka, Camunda is preferred
- Knowledge of Cloudera, Docker is a plus
SGA is a Certified Women's Business Enterprise (WBE) celebrating over thirty years of service to our national client base for both permanent placement and consulting opportunities. For consulting positions, we offer a variety of benefit options including but not limited to health & dental insurance, paid vacation, timely payment via direct deposit. SGA accepts transfers of H1 sponsorship for most contracting roles. We are unable to sponsor for Right-to-Hire, Fulltime, or Government roles. All parties authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply for all roles. Only those authorized to work for government entities will be considered for government roles. Please inquire about our referral program if you would like to submit a candidate for any of our open or future job opportunities. SGA is an EEO employer. We encourage Veterans to apply. To view all of our available job postings and/or to learn more about SGA please visit us online at www.sgainc.com