Number of Openings:
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience with Java, C#, or other object oriented languages (3+ years)
- Experience with Spring or similar frameworks (3+ years)
- Familiarity with SOAP and RESTful web services
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD) and/or Behavior Driven Development (BDD)
- Experience with Unit Testing
- Familiarity with Git version control
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience with Gosu or Scala
- Experience with Guidewire suite of products (PolicyCenter, ClaimsCenter, BillingCenter and/or Edge API)
- Familiarity with Jenkins
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Possesses an understanding of how technology solutions meet the business outcomes and offers a range of solutions for business partners; understand business current and aspirational needs
- Participates in sprint planning; provides work estimates to deliver product stories; owns development stories
- Develops solutions on variety of platforms according to business requirements
- Completes required coding to satisfy the defined acceptance criteria and deliver desired outcome
- Leads solution design, considering risks, mitigations, performance, user experience, and testability
- Assists in development of automated testing and supporting code as necessary
- Completes required documentation to communicate information to deployment, maintenance, and business teams
- Utilizes agile software development practices, data and testing standards, code reviews, source code management, continuous delivery, and software architecture
- Participates in the full software development cycle including coding, testing, implementation, support and sunset
- Designs, develops, tests and supports software in support of big data objectives
- Possesses an understanding of User Experience practices to improve usability and interaction between the customer and product
- Adopts Service Design, where appropriate, through architecture modularity to enable continuous delivery
- Considers applying emerging technology solutions to increase efficiency and effectiveness; expectation of continuous innovation
- Resolves problems that result in a decreased time to market; improves quality, enhances flexibility, and embraces the solution provider mindset
- Provides input into overall testing plan; contributes to test approach and scenarios for requirements
- Provides product and/or process expertise necessary to support design, development, testing and execution of solutions
- Exhibits DevOps mindset where team is accountable for product from inception to sunset
- Designs, develops and tests new and/or existing web applications running on the server side and/or client side (single-page applications).
- Develops test software to support the testing of web applications.
- Develops scripting and components to support continuous delivery pipelines.
- Analyzes technical and business requirements (both functional and non-functional) to develop a systems solution that aligns with industry and enterprise best practices including user experience and accessibility.
- Provides system software support for State Farm web applications, components and testing software (testware).
- Job may require travel via commercial transportation and/or driving motor vehicles
- Job may require irregular work hours and travel outside normal business hours
This position will have an 18-month incumbency period, beginning on the effective date of the position, which must be met before the employee can post for any other lateral State Farm position. Employees may be considered for a promotional opportunity into leadership at any time, and into a promotional PRTC position after 6 months from the effective date of the position. In these cases, the remaining incumbency would be waived. The incumbency period does not affect the at-will relationship between State Farm and the employee and does not create an employment contract, nor contractual rights.
*****Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work authorization (such as an H-1B visa) for this opportunity***********