Location: Washington D.C.
TechnoLava is looking for an experienced Senior Java Developer/Architect with knowledge of Java coding best practices, multiple software development methodologies and design best practices for application/systems modernization. The position will be located on-site in Suitland, MD, with telework opportunities at the discretion of the client
The candidate must have or be able to obtain a moderate/high risk Federal Public Trust clearance. The public trust clearance process authorizes the Federal government to perform background investigation for identifying negative criminal, medical, and financial findings. If an offer for employment is accepted, continued employment in the position is contingent upon obtaining the clearance.
- 8 years of experience with an undergraduate degree in Computer Science or similar; 6 years of experience with an advanced degree in a technical/related field
- Certification in Java/J2EE Web Application Development, Oracle SOA, Spring, Web Design, or other applicable framework
- Experience with design patterns and architecting applications
- Experience with Oracle PL/SQL (stored procedures, scripts, coding functions)
- Experience in middleware (Weblogic and Tomcat)
- Experience working in Java Spring Framework
- Experience with code management using Subversion (SVN) (or Git or ClearCase)
- Experience writing SOAP UI services
- Experience or certification in Oracle SOA
- Experience with DevOps best practices and implementation (Jenkins, CI/CD)
- Financial systems experience
- Experience with systems/application modernization
- Experience with cron jobs
- Experience with multiple software development methodologies, including Scrum, Kanban, Waterfall
- Experience conducting code reviews
- Experience with Unix shell scripting and Red Hat Linux platform
- Experience with Oracle BPM
- Experience working in the federal government space, particularly within Dept.