Need Locals TO TX
Looking for a Java Developer with solid core Java development experience within a hybrid environment. This candidate will be working on applications utilizing UNIX USS on the Mainframe. Project is the middle way through a long project migration off of our Legacy COBOL application and onto a modern JAVA based application running on the mainframe. We seek a "team-oriented” individual with solid software programming and analytical skills.
- The Java Software Engineer/Developer would be focused on the development and support of our next generation JAVA system running on WebSphere ComputeGrid and z/OS.
- This environment includes majority development on the PC, and testing and runtime on USS (Z/OS), zLinux, and MVS (Z/OS).
- This application is built upon the IBM WebSphere "ComputeGrid" product, which provides large-scale batch applications written in JAVA to run on distributed or mainframe environments.
- Position is with the development team and includes: development, maintenance, support of the download applications. CARP platform stores and allows retrieval of documents. This includes Monthly Statements, Year-End Tax documents, Trade Confirmations, and all types of letters produced for PI, WI, FILI, FFAS and many other groups.
- Documents can be ingested by CARP using either batch methods or Real time.
- Provide excellent client management including strong communication skills, responsive follow- through, and advocacy for client issues within internal departments.
- We require an individual that is self-motivated, has time management skills and can work independently with minimal direction.
- Issues to be resolved require a broad range of troubleshooting skills related to: software functionality, application server setup, database management, data analysis, and third party products.
- Track changes and work with our internal teams to ensure optimal performance and response times.
- Writing technical design documentation is a must.
- Accuracy and ability to multi-task are required.
- Adhere to the Global Development Services (GDS) program that improves development productivity and manage services on an international scale.
We're looking for a software engineer/developer with a solid development and analysis background. Financial industry experience would be preferred.
The key skill sets include:
- Core Java software development experience
- SOAP/REST Web Services Development (consume)
- Spring Framework (Spring Batch is a huge plus)
- Batch programming experience (Spring Batch, JSR, etc.)
- Experienced in Mainframe environments and any other technologies are preferred including:
- Linux scripting and/or UNIX and/or Client/Server experience is required
- Ability to participate in on-call duties
- Waterfall, Agile/Hybrid experience
- Strong analytical, testing and debugging skills are necessary.
- Must be able to succeed in a demanding environment.
- This opportunity is open to an individual who is flexible, open minded, willing to learn and able to collaborate with team and application partners.